Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our UK and European hub started in 1990 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering contracting, construction management, project and programme management, facilities management and cost consultancy services.
Mechanical Engineer - Luxury Hospitality/Residential
• To assist in controlling, managing and coordinating the delivery for the MEP systems throughout the full project lifecycle, preconstruction through to handover and close out, to ensure the works are delivered safely, on time and to agreed budget, while maintaining high quality standards.
Your responsibilities will include
• Taking overall responsibility for overseeing the design and delivery of all mechanical services.
• Ensuring that projects are designed in accordance with standards agreed with the client and delivered within agreed procedures.
• Interpreting briefs and preparing feasibility studies and design schemes for agreement with the client.
• Preparing detailed drawings and specifications to enable the agreed design to be constructed.
• Briefing and monitoring the work of other professionals in order to coordinate specialist work successfully into the project.
• Negotiating with outside authorities in the interpretation and application of statutory regulations to ensure that the completed project complies with current building legislation.
• Checking the work of contractors on site against the standards and quality required by the specifications.
• Offering professional advice to client departments (or other client bodies) to exploit the most effective potential use of client’s buildings and other portfolios.
• Ensuring work is delivered on time, within budget and to our very high quality standards.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include
• Significant experience in leading projects from start to finish.
• Super high specification finishes experience.
• Luxury project delivery experience.
• Good understanding of industry practices, processes and standards.
• Strong knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical disciplines.
• Strong technology skills and proficiency with personal computers and business application software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A degree qualification in mechanical engineering.
• With HS&E qualification i.e. IOSH or NEBOSH.
• A member of relevant professional body.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.