Job description / Role
Business Development Manager - North Africa
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to define and drive the partnership agenda, from regulators and governments to companies in the telecom, financial services, logistics, and travel industry. The person is this role has a distinct opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the region and the trajectory of the company.
- Actively source, close and manage partnerships with regulators and governments
- Actively source, close and manage partnerships with large companies with overlapping target segments such as telecoms, banks and hospitality providers
- Manage complex contract negotiations and work with legal counsel (if required)
- Lead the implementation of partnerships across different functional units
- Manage the business development and sales process in country
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
Additional qualifications include:
- 5+ years of experience as BD or Sales leader in a high-performing organization
- Experience working with the government and regulators
- Strong account management, relationship building and process management skills
- Ability to craft and articulate solutions that create win-win outcomes and excite
- A solid understanding of company's market: products, players, technologies, and a rolodex of contacts in related markets
- Technology background and experience working in North Africa
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Business Development Executive
Area Sales Manager
Business Development Manager
Xerox Emirates LLC
|Abu Dhabi||25 Dec|
Franchise Business Development Manager