Job description / Role
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for the contract management lifecycle for all contracts across the Africa region to ensure the delivery of projects in line with the overall strategic plans.
The role holder will be responsible for the process improvement and contract administration related to the company's service contacts. They will also be responsible for ensuring that all contractual communications and claims processes are compliant. Travel across Africa will be expected with this role.
- Identify, develop and implement country and company-wide business processes changes and improvements
- Work with Contracts Director to expand the competency and understanding of contract document content, structure and development
- Negotiate, draft and finalise new and revised customer service contracts in coordination with Legal and Finance departments
- Ensure contract accuracy and completeness in line with contract administration activities such as chargebacks, returns and rebates
- Liaise with the business in cases of high-risk contract terms and required contract approvals in compliance with the Delegation of Authority
- Administer the service contracts against agreed terms and conditions
- Ensure that contractual obligations are performed, properly documented and closely followed up
- Take the lead in resolving both internal and customer contract issues
- Evaluate, mitigate and determine customer claims in a timely and effective manner
- Provide consultative advice to the Management and Project Teams on contractual matters that may result in adverse legal implications such as non-standard contracts or potentially high-risk terms and conditions
- Contribute to the processing of payment applications in accordance to contractual terms by comparing the application for payment vs actual work progress
- Translation to English, where required, of all contractual documentation to high standard to facilitate both review, consideration and advice by others not fluent in French
- Provide accurate reports and summaries to the rest of the Leadership Team
- Demonstrable experience working of managing and developing large-scale complex contracts and relationships
- Strong track record of proven contract administration and management experience in construction or related industries
- Excellent document drafting and contract formation skills
- Experience of claims investigation and resolution, with strong negotiation skills and an understanding of what can realistically be achieved
- Experience working in Africa or other emerging markets projects with government entities
- High fluency in both English and French (written and spoken)
About the Company
We recruit the very best talent for middle management positions across a range of functions and sectors.
Think you've heard all that before? Read on.
We're here to make recruitment better. Better for our clients, our candidates and our own recruitment professionals.
We build relationships, not databases, and add real value that helps organisations and individuals grow. We are a team of functional and sector specialists delivering a genuinely consultative service that is underpinned by the depth of both our market knowledge and the client & candidate networks we have built.
As a part of the Redgrave Group, we work alongside Redgrave Partners, a leading executive search firm. This helped to inspire our unique approach of introducing a search led methodology to the middle management space.
Our clients love it. And as a result, we are one of the fastest growing professional recruitment groups on the planet.
Whether you're hiring or changing jobs yourself, you can't afford to get it wrong. Argyll Scott will ensure you get it right.
Project Manager/Contracts Manager - Water Treatment/Desalination
Contracts Manager - MRICS/MCIArb
The Highfield Company