Job description / Role
This position will be reporting into Head of Legal North Africa and will sit within the Legal & Compliance team.
* Graduate Degree in Law / Jurisprudence from recognized institution in a civil code law and/or common law based jurisdiction, preferred: LLM; PhD; Grad Dip in specialization; other post graduate legal or business degree / specialisation
* 7 - 10 years working experience after being admitted to the bar
* Trained/qualified at a top tier, reputable corporate/commercial law firm
* Work experience in Morocco or Algeria
* Excellent English drafting and communication skills
* Fluent in written and oral English.
* Experience of working in a multi-national or regional company legal department.
* Excellent academic record and working references / credentials
* Experience in ethics and compliance, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act
* Experience in the IT, technology, projects, software, telecommunications industry
* Very strong individual contributor
* Strong leadership and business relationship skills
* Experienced in commercial, technology, IPR, business, labour, contract and competition law.
* Experienced in negotiating and drafting infrastructure and technology, business development, including those agreements covering a number of markets
* Unquestionable level of integrity with the ability to work as an enabler to the business in line with company policy and procedures
* Provide legal guidance and support to our Client's business for day-to-day activities and work with the MEA L&C team as part of the legal department's dynamic resourcing plan, to provide support to other regional business
* Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts with third parties
* Proactively manage legal risks arising from complex business transactions
* Supports ethics and compliance initiatives
* Keeps the North Africa Leadership Team informed about the changes in legislation and relevant legal topics affecting the business
* Provides legal guidance in tenders alongside the contract management and other functions
* Monitors and efficiently manages engagement of external counsels and the legal budget
Key Responsibilities/Primary Functions:
* Acts as a source of expert current knowledge of all legal, ethics & compliance programs and supports the development of an effective and pragmatic compliance culture
* Initiates a communication program that ensures a clear understanding of legal compliance standards required of individuals conducting high risk activities in the business
* Assess level of compliance with established policies, procedures and standards, across the organization as well as adequacy of internal controls within business, financial processes and operations
* Performs proactive risk assessment to identify business processes in the sub-region and region which may represent a risk for the company, with an emphasis on financial, business controls and efficient business processes
* Coordinate with all functions in identifying, developing and implementing improvements in response to legal requirements, legislation changes and company policy requirements
* Participates in all the applicable sub region business approval boards and meetings, responsible for reporting and escalating legal issues and the relevant risks to the Head of L&C for the MEA Region.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
* Fluent Arabic, English and French
About the Company
Established in 1987, McGregor Boyall Associates Ltd is a global recruitment consultancy providing permanent and contract / interim professionals throughout Financial Services and Commerce & Industry.
Headquartered in the City of London, and with further offices throughout the UK (Manchester and Edinburgh) as well as globally in Dubai and Singapore, we are able to offer recruitment solutions throughout the UK & Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions.
Since our inception, we have built an unrivalled reputation for helping organisations recruit the very best talent to ensure that they realise their business and operational objectives.