Job description / Role
Client is a HK based Developer with a Myanmar focus. Due to an expansion phase within their Real Estate Portfolio they are currently seeking a Head of Contracts to oversee their QS team based in Yangon, Myanmar.
Reporting to the Executive Director and responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for cost planning, cost control, procurement management, and construction cost management
- Provides full general quantity surveying services includes pre and post contract stage, reparation of budget and cost estimation, tendering, project cost management, contract management and claims assessment
- Monitor and manage a QS team in Yangon for overall project planning and management from inception to completion stage
- Liaise with project management and other parties
- To control budget, progress and quality of construction projects
- To supervise performance of service providers
- Work independently and coordinate with in-house teams, consultants and vendors for all project related activities
To be considered for this position, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree holder in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- At least 15 years working experience for in Quantity Surveying sector
- English is a must
- Solid experience in large mixed use development project in Hong Kong, Macau, South East Asia
- Candidate must have solid site experience on new build and renovation projects. Experience in overseeing a project from commencement to completion is an advantage
- Expat type package available (monthly flights, accommodation, high basic and associated benefits).
About the Company
Command MENA has been successfully partnering with clients and candidates since 2005. We have worked on human resources & talent acquisition assignments for clients throughout the Asia Pacific region, Middle East, Europe and the Americas.
During this period of time we have successfully sourced highly skilled and multilingual talents both locally and from around the globe.
As a company we take a consultative approach to meeting your human resources & talent management requirements. Taking the time to understand your needs, we think laterally to isolate candidates\' critical skills. We have proven understanding of the dynamics of various markets and we bring a fresh perspective to your challenges in sourcing creative staff.
Our team of consultants specialise in a variety of sectors and take real pride in their work. We work in a number of specialist sectors; succesfully delivering human resources campaigns to Fortune 1000 & major international companies through to smaller boutique & specialist companies.