Job description / Role
LNG (Process) Engineer
Split location initially Europe and then USA
The LNG Process Engineer is required to be the in-house (client side) expert in LNG plant / infrastructure / equipment design, process engineering and project execution roles and will be part of the (global) technical team, initially based in Europe with transfer to USA to follow.
The position will report to the Technical Director and holds close relationships with Business Development, technical (site / project) teams as well as partners and third parties.
They will provide technical expertise in the engineering (review) and approval of LNG technology, process and facility design and equipment specification. Main focus area will be leading the technical development of projects up until Final Investment Decision and assisting the project team during execution of the works.
The LNG process engineer will be responsible for working with other (technical) disciplines of engineering and business development and should build strong relationships with experienced consultants and contractors within the LNG environment. The role will include such tasks as selection of engineering parties and contractors to participate in the LNG projects.
• Lead the development of preliminary lay-out drawings, concept studies, cost estimates and budget proposals.
• Develop contracting strategies for execution of LNG projects.
• Concept selection and/or concept development, choosing the best available technologies, partners, suppliers for each particular type of project
• Project scope varies from developing fit-for-purpose (lean) solutions for small-scale, up to mid-scale as well as traditional large scale terminals, floating and onshore.
• Review and approve design drawings, calculations, (vendor) documentation and specifications to ensure design is in compliance with established design criteria, requisite standards and codes, and best engineering practices for integration within the project plan and / or (BD) business case.
• Provide input for regulatory processes including environmental assessments. • Lead process with classification societies
• Participate in due diligence, auditing and risk assessments, design reviews, HAZOP, etc.
• Initiates studies, conducts process audits and recommends plant / field modifications to improve efficiency, productivity, safety, cost savings and technology updates.
• Provides process design and engineering for LNG plant modification projects.
• Prepares project documentation such as operations and maintenance philosophies.
• Travel will be required as necessary to support the project.
• Graduate of a recognized university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
• A minimum of 10 years, proficient Process Engineering experience, within the in the Oil and Gas industry with heavy exposure and direct experience to third part component design and commissioning of products.
Preference being given to individuals that have come from or have had direct experience working for/ with LNG marine component manufacture / LNG technology provider.
About the Company
Burdock provides engineering, construction and project management consultancy services to clients worldwide.
With an extensive multi-national and multi-disciplined network of highly experienced professionals and knowledge of local markets, we deliver quality and cost effective services, enhanced technology and sustainability, while helping you reach your success. We cover a wide range of industry sectors, including Oil & Gas, (Petro)Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power Generation, Utilities, Mining, Civil Building and Infrastructure, Banking and Government Investment Programmes.
Our mission To provide the industry with consultancy services executed by highly-qualified personnel to meet customer demands, and to provide our employees with challenging employment opportunities.