Job description / Role
Our Client is a well-known main contractor that operate globally. Following the award of a major project, they urgently require an ambitious MEP Manager to oversee the management of mechanical, electrical and plumbing packages on a major £200 million building project in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
• Assist the Construction Manager in achieving the project's construction targets.
• Estimate and scope MEP activities during pre-construction.
• Review Contract Documents, making suggestions/modifications as they relate to the MEP area.
• Assist in the development of the detailed design by coordinating with the MEP Design Consultant through the MEP Design Coordinator.
• Manage and lead MEP subcontractors throughout the duration of the project (from Ground breaking through Commissioning and hand over to the Owner).
• Prepare technical site visit and progress update reports
• Review subcontractor BOQs and invoices for accuracy and completion
• Coordination and oversee subcontractor project execution
• Prepare project implementation schedules
• Assist the Scheduling department in developing detailed project control schedules for all MEP installation activities, including cost and resource loading.
• Assist in coordinating on project logistics and temporary facility plans.
• Review and approve material and equipment for MEP systems prior to installation.
• Monitor the installation and start-up of MEP systems and commissioning of the project.
• Coordinate activities, materials procurement and other related activities with Project Management and Field Staff.
• Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed.
• Assist in the hiring of MEP personnel & supervise, develop and mentor project staff.
• Lead and direct the 3-D coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to start of installations.
• Take overall responsibility for the performance of all MEP activities.
• Supervise review and coordination of MEP submittals and shop drawings.
• The successful candidate will be from a main contracting background with demonstrable experience working on large scale building projects with high value MEP packages.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering or applicable discipline and experience relative to project size/scope
• Strong English language knowledge
• Knowledge of MEP construction and subcontracting
• MS Office
• Experience in high rise and hotel design and construction
This position can be either single or married basis. A robust salary is on offer and the package includes accommodation and flight tickets.
About the Company
Having been established since 1973, there is no recruitment company more experienced and better connected than Ashbrittle.
When you make a confidential application to Ashbrittle, you can be assured that we will make every possible endeavour to provide you with a well researched choice of job opportunities.
Head of MEP
Senior MEP Manager
General Manager - MEP
MEP Technical Manager / Head of Engineering Department
Energi Recruitment Services
MEP Project Manager - Short Term Role
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)