Job description / Role
• Transport controllers are in place to support the Transport Manager with the operational performance of the Transport Department, in line with Company Policies and Procedures.
• You will also be required to support operational efficiency and customer service whilst maintaining compliance with Company standards and statutory regulations.
• You must always ensure that a Customer First approach is displayed at all times and resolve operational matters with customers directly via telephone or site visit.
• You will also manage H&S at the front line, via regular debrief contact with crews, site visits, training and TBT.
• You will hold responsibility for ensuring that the business is compliant with O license obligations to present vehicles for service, record, monitor and rectify defects, download tachograph and VDU’s, and provide tachograph counselling.
• You must fully understand the One Veolia offer, to be able to recognize opportunity and make recommendations to customers.
• You will also be required to action missed lifts, live throughout the day, as they are called in directly from drivers.
Attractive Salary Package
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
• To be successful in this role we would prefer candidates to have an A-level education or equivalent.
• We are also looking for candidates that have had previous experience of supervision or 1st line management within an Operational / Transport background.
• Experience within operations/transport is required; with a solid knowledge of EU tachograph rules.
• Commercial waste knowledge would also be preferred.
• It is also considered desirable for candidates to have their CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) holder and IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health), but for the right person, you could also obtain these qualifications while in the role.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.