Job description / Role
• Leadership & Development - Leads, hires, and develops team members to not only appropriately perform their core responsibilities as Security officers but to also enhance their engagement through executed growth and development plans, succession plans, work reviews, annual appraisals, associate satisfaction plans, and coaching. Administers progressive discipline of officers as needed up to and including termination.
• Management - Effectively manage day to day administrative and operational responsibilities that may include, but are not limited to; payroll, staffing schedules, review / storage of departmental documents, review and approve incident reports / coach officers on report writing skills when necessary, ensure Preventive Maintenance and inspections of systems, assets, and equipment are completed / recorded, ensure all office supplies, medical supplies, etc. are at correct inventories and ordered as needed, system generated reports and requisitions are routed, etc. Effectively delegate responsibility for tasks as appropriate while maintaining full accountability for them being completed.
• Operational Oversight - Maintain policies and procedures so that they are both relevant and current. Assist in the development and implementation of new policies/procedures to ensure officers and the facility are appropriately postured to respond to emergency events, lessen the impact of, and reduce the likelihood of such events from occurring. Oversee training and drills of officers, facility wardens and leadership on established procedures to ensure preparedness in response to emergency events and day to day operations.
• Technology - Ensures the functionality & operational capacities of security systems (CCTV, Access Control / Intrusion Alarm Systems, phone systems, AED and Oxygen units, etc.). Establish solid partnerships with internal resources (IT, Business Continuity, Information Security) and external resources (Integrators, Vendors, Contractors) to assure dependable, collaborative and consistent support for technology systems.
• Regulatory and Administrative - Collect, maintain / manage documentation and provide all requested information for regulatory compliance. This includes audits (SSAE16, SOX, PCI, etc.) and Retail / Corp internal compliance (Door Owner Policy, NPPI Policy / Audits, Corp Physical Security Verification Audits, etc.) Assist in the development, financial reporting, and the day to day to management of security budget.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Criminology, Business, Homeland Security, Leadership, or Management
Work Experience: (required):
• Five to Seven years’ experience leading teams of 10 or more people (preferred)
• Either a proprietary security group or law enforcement setting
• Experience in either a Corporate Headquarters or Customer Care environment within the Financial Service Industry
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Proven ability to coach & develop subordinates and constructively evaluate performance to drive results.
• Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
• Proven ability to prioritize work, effectively manage time, effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously and delegate tasks appropriately.
• Above average knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products.
• Proficiency with Level access control products preferred but not required.
• Strong interpersonal skills to provide superior customer service and strong decision making skills to act decisively and confidently when handling an emergency event.
• This position may lead staff in a typical office environment, customer care center or production environment.
• The Security Supervisor is expected to "lead by walking around" and will spend a good amount of time on their feet interfacing with their associates and others.
• May be called upon to work outside, in inclement weather or other situations during special events.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.