Job description / Role
Wall and floor tilers cover walls, floors and other surfaces with tiles, in kitchens, bathrooms, shops, hotels, restaurants and more. They may work on new builds or private and commercial renovations.
Are you searching for a position that will allow you to work with your hands and put your skills to use? Then you would be an excellent fit as a tile setter with our renovation company. In this position, you will get to set tiles of various materials in patterns ranging from basic to complex in rooms such as kitchens and bathrooms. Through on-the-job training, you will work with our experienced tile setters to learn the ins and outs of the trade and how to properly lay tiles in many different applications. You will also have the opportunity to work with our valued customers and utilize your outstanding customer service abilities. We highly value all our team members and reward dedication and hard work with the opportunity to advance.
- Cut tiles and shape them properly to ensure they fit around obstacles and in tight corners and odd spaces using power and hand tools
- Form tile beds using concrete, plaster, mastic, cement, glue or mortar utilizing tools such as screeds, brushes and trowels
- Align tiles and straighten them with straightedges, levels and squares to ensure patterns are even and precise
- Cut, install, polish and surface granite and marble and ensure accuracy during the installation process for lasting results
- Prepare various surfaces for tiling with waterproofing material or lath and by cleaning the surfaces properly
- Create decorative wall and floor designs by laying and setting mosaic tiles in kitchens, bathrooms and living rooms
- Tap tiles into place carefully using tools to properly adhere tiles to the base, making sure not to break or damage tiles
- Follow blueprints precisely and mark and measure surfaces that need to be tiled to determine how to go about jobs
EUR 2,500 to 4,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Willingness to complete on-the-job training
- Ability to lift heavy materials and equipment
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience setting tiles
- Carpentry and renovation experience a plus
About the Company
Jeta Group International (JGI) is founded with a philosophy to target entrepreneurial recruitment professionals willing to explore and challenge themselves in different regions of the World .