Job description / Role
• Ensures through adherence to and knowledge of state and federal rules and regulations regarding procurement that Agency procurement are managed in the most ethical and legal manner.
• Ensures through the competitive bid process that purchases maximize use of available funds and maintains highest quality possible
• Develop and implement progressive Procure to Pay process changes that ensure goods and services are procured in the most cost effective, timely and equitable manner possible.
• Directs the management of all types of procurement: including professional services, construction, and supply contracts, as required.
• Oversees monitoring of costs, timelines, and legality of actions.
• Manages procurement protests and contract dispute resolution processes.
• Establish objectives for the procurement and materials management department in conjunction with development and execution of company policy that impacts day-to-day operations as well as the long-term strategic direction for the department.
• Responsible for the design, execution and effectiveness of a system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial information is reliable, and applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures are complied with.
• Leads the development of policies and procedures for the acquisition, administration and disposition of the company’s policies, Department of Transportation and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulations.
• Attracts, develops and retains talent base.
• Executes continuous improvement for all procurement strategies and processes.
• Pursues sustainable reductions in the total cost of goods and services procured.
• Expands outreach to new and existing vendors.
• Develops key metrics for vendor performance and ensure adequate system are in place to consistently measure and evaluate key criteria.
• Attractive Salary Package
• BS or BA degree, MBA, MPA or further studies in business administration, Business, public administration, engineering, law, or related discipline from an accredited college or university
• Ten (10) years senior-level experience in procurement and contract management
• Experience in purchasing of maintenance, repair and operating materials and services
• Experience with automated procurement information systems and a solid understanding of public procurement law and regulations
Required Skills Knowledge:
• Must have federal/state knowledge of the principles and practices of procurement and contract management
• Knowledge of commercial practices of construction companies, transit equipment and systems vendors, and professional services firms. Certification in Purchasing, Production/Inventory Control, Physical Distribution, or demonstrated experience in implementation and management of Purchasing/Materials Management systems integrated with an Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) environment
• Experience with light rail procurement and Federal Transit Administration procurement requirements
• Experience mentoring contract professionals in all facets of government contracting including negotiation and risk identification and management
Skills and Abilities:
• Outstanding people leadership/management/communication skills
• Exceptional problem-solving/analytical skills
• Effective communication, organizational, and people management skills
• Extensive experience with negotiation and persuasion skills with technical knowledge of contract negotiation strategies
• Strong judgement, professional demeanor and business acumen
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.