Job description / Role
The successful candidate will be working for one of prestigious and leading Media Company in Sultanate of Oman. This position is responsible for assisting and maintaining accounting/financial information and preparing monthly reports with the following key responsibilities:
• Assists in the Monitoring monthly accounting general information, participate in reviewing of the final balance of the Company.
• Support and accounting advice to the production line: Advice on the type of accounts to include accounting, accounting interpretations, tax issues, etc.
• Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employers’ benefits costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
• Supporting the head in day to day activities of the department whenever required.
• Accounting and treasury control: Supervision of the issued payment and collection.
• Processing and recording accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices, reimbursements etc. are paid accurately in accordance of the finance policies and procedures.
• Knowledge in creation of accounting reports and database management for accounting purposes when needed at any time.
• Monitoring, modification and changes in the computerized accounting systems.
OMR 800 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelors or Higher Diploma in Accounts or demonstrable equivalent experience;
• At least 4 years’ relevant work.
• A good command of oral and written English or Bilingual.
• Good knowledge of Accounting software’s or related software’s. MS Office, including Word and Outlook.
• Ability to work both in a team and autonomously.
• High level in numeracy
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.