Job description / Role
- Understanding the operational requirements and provide support for projects implemented for business systems
- Document business requirements and functional specifications to deliver to an IT Development team, after thorough fact finding and analysis of business workflows and systems
- Elicit software requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, business process workflows, and use cases
- Assist in building databases and applications based on business requirements of airline
- Assists in determining and providing suggestions for interfaces between systems
- Perform unit-system testing with sample-live data with the help of testers.
- Prepare High quality Documentation.
- Generate ad-hoc reports from multiple databases as per business requirement
- Use reporting tools to create reports as per requirement
- Perform gap and business impact analysis
- Assesses new standards, technologies and trends and assists in formulating strategies and plans for enhancing existing and new systems implemented applications
- Develop and generate key performance indicators and other required sources of management information to support informed decision making across the department
- Ensure traceability and that functional designs meet business requirements and desired outcome is achieved
- Bachelor degree in IT
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.