Job description / Role
• Install and configure Oracle Client software on desktop machines.
• Perform & Monitor backup.
• Create and support databases for various IT applications
• Starting and stopping database and related services.
• Add new users Maintain users
• Create and maintain roles & privileges
• Grant roles and privileges for database users
• Monitor database security & access policies
• Create and maintain profiles
• Assist in administering Oracle application server, creating primary database storage structures and objects once application developers have designed an application in order to ensure usability and clarity for users
• Contact Oracle Corporation for technical support, plan back-up and recovery of database information and ensure optimum performance of the database and compliance with Oracle license agreement.
• Assist to Install, test and ensure that all upgrades and patches as well as oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
• Perform export and import of data.
• Work in co-ordination with DBA specialist for application & integration servers
• Fresh Graduates in Computer Science.
• 2 years College Diploma with 2 year of experience in related field.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.