Job description / Role
Meet and Assist
- Carry out meet and assist functions as detailed in working guidelines
- Familiarize with airline procedures and go through the PNL for self-briefing of the flight status and special requirement such as seating, incapacitated passengers, UM etc. subsequently check-in passengers according to their travel destination and the airlines as per their travel itinerary ensuring valid travel to their destination.
- Check validity of the ticket and flight date-class-status
- Check visa for destination and comply with checks of local resident card rule as applicable
- Check to ensure if the Checked-In baggage is under recommended level of weight and take necessary action steps if overweight. Comply with minimum weight per bag restriction and advise the passenger for required action.
- Issue excess baggage ticket when the totals exceed the allowed limit as stipulated by the Airline. Communicate to the passenger and direct him to the cashier for payment of excess baggage and obtaining boarding card.
- Tag the bags to the final destination and advise the passenger of the details.
- For passengers travelling with live animals, check for clearance certificate, VET certificate along with cage- and ensure if Airline regulation permits acceptance
- For all unaccompanied minors, pregnant ladies, incapacitated passengers check if proper certificates are available and valid prior to acceptance
- Ensure passenger seating is carried out according to the requests and as per guidelines of the airline for special category passenger seating
- Enter all accurate details in the system for the relevant section to prepare applicable flight documentation
- Communicate to the passenger of and discrepancy of travel document-non availability of request seat and reason-booking status discrepancy and direct him to contact the airline personal -ticket counter when applicable
- Enter details such as API entry when they are entered while at booking
- Advise the passenger of the flight number-boarding gate-time while handing back the ticket and boarding card in preparation for his departure.
- Correctly boarding guests at the boarding gates and complying with the procedures (Document verification and guest assessment)
- Addressing irregularities to the supervisor on shift when identified
- Complying with security procedures of the airport
- Handling of transfer guests and conducting functions at the Airport transfer desk
- Conducting arrival duties and assisting with the arrival procedures
- Complying with the VIP processes and conducting the duties as per the VIP handling procedure.
- Secondary School certificate
- OR IATA specialised course with 2 years of relevant experience
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.