Job description / Role
• Works in Line-Base as per operational requirement. On aircrafts or aircrafts components.
• Prepares aircraft interior surfaces for painting by cleaning, scraping, sanding, filling and then treating the metal with Alodine.
• Masks the aircraft using tapes and paper products (to protect windows, seats, carpet, cables, etc.) in preparation for the paint process.
• Mixes, blends and thins paint products, per the manufacturers maintenance manual specifications or approved data.
• Professional Color Matching as per Paint pattern.
• Applies paint to the aircraft interior and exterior surfaces. (Paints include: urethanes, acrylic urethanes, enamels, lacquers and epoxy paints.)
• Interprets specifications, color sketches, and instructions and plans sequences, and times the paint operation. This includes mixing ratios, surface preparation, papering and masking, drying time, number of coats, etc.).
• Set up aircraft interior Paint-Vinyl section.
• Maintains painting supplies and equipment, including spray guns, air hoses, pumps, paper, and tape.
• Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies
• Reads and understands aircraft manuals and engineering orders.
• Two years college diploma in aircraft engineering
• Basic/advanced Aircraft painting courses.
• Basic/advanced Aircraft interior painting and repair course. (Preferable)
• 5-year experience in aircraft paint shop.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.