Job description / Role
- Manage, control and optimize take off, en-route and landing performance for all company aircrafts using manufacturers supplied manuals and software programs.
- Ensuring that the performance engineering programs are kept up to date.
- Managing the airport-obstacle database with associated take off engine failure procedures.
- Ensuring the quality control of performance engineering software programs and input parameters in accordance with manufacturers manuals, company policies and standards.
- Ensuring the quality control of input data accuracy and correctness used for computation associated with performance engineering software programs.
- Performing route analysis with detailed mission studies associated with route flight times, payload, operational limitations and in-flight engine or pressurization failures in accordance with the regulatory and performance compliance and with manufacturers manuals, company policies and standards.
- Liaise with respective fleet to ensure that the performance, take off engine failure procedures and in-flight engine or pressurization failure procedures are reviewed and agreed.
- Producing, analyzing and implementing fuel degradations reports, using manufacturers supplied software programs.
- Liaising with aircraft manufactures in terms of issues arising with aircraft performance.
- Liaising with technical publications for updating of aircraft library with latest performance publications and-or making interim arrangements.
- Prepare respond regarding day to day operational queries from operational staff and line personnel.
- Perform any additional duties and projects assignments as indicated by management in order to achieve department and company objectives.
- Bachelor degree in related discipline preferably in Science with Mathematics and Physics as major or in aviation science or Aviation Engineering with 06 years of relevant experience, preferably in in flight operations Navigation & Performance or Flight Dispatch of which 3 years of Specific Supervisory in Aircraft Performance work
- Or Two Years College Diploma in related discipline with 08 years of relevant experience.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.