Job description / Role
- Develop Oman Airs communications strategies
- Manage the Company’s P.R. agencies around the globe and all communications vendors.
- Foster good relations with clients, local and international journalists, media houses, government agencies, and media regulatory authorities
- Act as the Company’s corporate spokesperson, including during times of crisis
- Manage the Company’s crisis communications planning and media relations at all times
- Plan and execute calendar of media-related events to enhance Oman Airs corporate status, strengthen the airlines brand reputation and corporate image
- Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals.
- Identify, develop and execute communications strategy for key media contacts and customer references.
- Research media coverage and industry trends
- Manage Oman Airs on board publication, Wings of Oman , ensure content is publication-ready and in by deadline dates at all times
- Create and send out press releases for new products and services
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the Head of CC department.
- Bachelor degree in related discipline with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience in Corporate Communications and/or Marketing Communications.
Other requirements include:
- Proven experience as communications specialist
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver interesting marketing content
- Experience creating targeted content that generates measurable ROI
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Bachelors degree in Public Relations and/or Communications is required (Masters degree preferred)
- Or 2 years college Diploma with 8 years relevant experience in Corporate Communications and/or Marketing Communications.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Manager - Facility Management
Agent - Reservation and Ticketing Call Centre
Sales & Marketing Manager