Job description / Role
- Assist the Senior IT Management team in the development and design of database strategies, monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements along with Business Systems Team (BST)for specific BST
- Evaluating hardware, architecture design, install and upgrade the Database server and application tools in order to ensure optimum performance and identify current and potential bottlenecks.
- Refine logic data model, allocate system storage and plan future storage requirements for the database system in order to accommodate future business requirement and capacitate system stability and accommodate all users
- Administering application servers, creating primary database storage structures and objects once application developers have designed an application in order to ensure usability and clarity for users.
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by the application developers, enable data integration between different applications, create new users and ensure that the proper access is given to the users and validate application packaging and maintain utmost system security.
- Contact Software Vendor for technical support, plan back-up and recovery of database information and ensure optimum performance of the database and compliance with Oracle license agreement.
- Install, test and ensure that all upgrades and patches as well as oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
- Plan for backup and recovery of database, apply patches, make copies of the production ERP server and other updates within the production, development and test environments and monitor the performance in order to ensure smooth and efficient operation of application server infrastructure.
- Maintain archived data on tape, participate in DR discussions and activities, implement any new changes in the ERP, in coordination with the development team, and provide data integration between various applications in order to ensure that the data is transferred smoothly between various applications.
- When necessary develop complex DBA scripts, debug programs to suit system environment.
- Maintain and monitor organization websites related platforms.
- Works on an on-call basis with responsibilities in resolving problems related to the operational database.
- Develops application and database upgrade plans and implements these into the operational database environment.
- Assists the project teams in developing and-or implementing computerized solutions to business needs.
- In coordination with departmental staff provides the initial orientation and training to system users as required by any system implementation or change.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or allied IT discipline having 06 years of experience within an excellent capabilities in Database Management, IT Data Systems & Security domain
- Or Two years college Diploma in the related field with 08 years of related work experience
- Or Specialized certificate / License in the related field with Secondary School certificate and having 12 years of WY / Aviation experience in similar functions.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.