Job description / Role
Your key responsibilities
As an Associate/ Senior Associate in the Risk Management – Financial Crime Compliance team, you will be expected to provide strategic sourcing services related to regulatory compliance, Financial Crime Compliance (FCC), corporate governance, enterprise risk management, internal controls and internal audit, to our clients in financial services (FS) industry. You are also required to assist organizations to maintain effective and efficient controls, in order to manage organizational and strategic risks. Also to be able to contribute to our advisory business in FCC, where advisory services on FCC target operating models, business processes and internal controls are in compliance with regulatory requirements without compromising on customer experience that are provided to the client.
Skills and attributes for success
• Good understanding of economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients
• Possess strong interpersonal and teaming skills
• Leverage technology to continually learn, improve service delivery and maintain our leading edge best practices
• Strong presentation skills and proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
• Build an understanding of our solutions, share knowledge and be able to draw on subject matter specialists accordingly
• Self-motivated with lots of energy and drive
• Effective project management and teamwork skills
To qualify for the role you must have
• 4 - 6 years relevant Financial Crime Compliance (AML/ CFT, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Fraud) experience in banking, insurance, asset management, and/or in a big public accounting firm.
• Strong understanding of expectations of regulators. Knowledge of other jurisdictions’ AML regulations and environment, and practical experience in the industry a plus.
• Knowledge of the global risk and regulatory environment, especially developments in the FCC space.
• Graduate degree in law, finance or commerce preferred.
• Industry related certification (e.g., CAMS or ICA diploma in AML)
• Demonstrate strong planning, execution and reporting skills
• Analytical skills; specifically, the ability to assess and decompose financial services industry processes utilizing a risk and control focus
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Post-graduate qualifications in AML/CFT or professional/ technical qualifications in risk management.
• Experience with the design, development and implementation of framework and strategy, internal controls for financial services business processes
What we look for
• Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry.
• An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization
What working at EY offers
• We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region