Job description / Role
The job of Assistant Security Manager is executed satisfactorily when:
- The Hotel employees and clients are safe at all times.
- No incidents are occurring.
- They actively support and implement Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
- They identify Training talents in their department and throughout the hotels as per below definition* and actively support their career development.
- They support and initiate transfer, cross exposure and task force assignments for their team.
- They personally conduct TTTTs with their team on a regular basis and take personal interest for their talents' development plans.
- They recruit and select potential talent according to the Company's current and future hotel, regional and worldwide needs including conducting interviews for positions in their department and their region.
- Handle all incoming information etc with confidentiality and forward to the concerned person.
- Take charge of the control room and monitor CCTV at all times.
- Ensure that gate passes are issued for all items/stocks that leave the hotel and each item to be logged in the register book.
- Make entries of all items received after working hours.
- Support in emergency situations and accompany guests or team members to local authorities /hospital if required.
- Prepare hand over reports from shift to shift.
- Assist Guest relations with information asked by guests, be proactive in guest contact and show interest in guest concerns.
- Ensure proper key control is followed at all times and entries are made each time a key is withdrawn or deposited.
- Monitor the different areas of the hotel on CCTV, noting any suspicious actions.
- Knowledgeable of all security policies, procedure and set standards.
- Ensure that a security officer is present when any office is opened or stocks are taken from the stores after office hours.
- Closely monitor the hotel lobby in particular for the presence of any call girls, persons under the influence etc.
- Assist the manager on duty in the event that immediate assistance is required.
- Assist the restaurant Manager, Doorman, and Valet Parker if required.
- Make security rounds of the guest floors at regular intervals with notes made in security book.
- Ensure that all fire exits and corridors are free from obstruction at all times.
- Respond to any fire/smoke alarms in the hotel and be ready to act accordingly.
- Ensure that all fire-fighting equipment is in working condition and all that emergency lights are illuminated.
- Accompany the bellman/Employee when opening a guest room with the master key.
- Make security rounds in the car parking areas and ensure the general safety of all vehicle and if they are correctly parked.
- Assist the local authorities if any VIP arrives or in case of emergency.
- Perform all duty and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules and regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the hotel's policy on fire, Hygiene, health and Safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
- Through hands-on management, supervise closely all Security Officers in the performance of their duties in accordance with Hotel Policies & Procedures and applicable laws.
- Ensure patrol has been carried out in all public areas, restaurants, guest floors, offices, plant rooms and all other areas of the hotel, ensuring safety, security and comfort of all guests, hotel personnel. Ensure that all Security personnel look out for any suspicious loiterers or articles.
- Patrol public areas to detect fires, unsafe conditions, and missing or inoperative safety equipment.
- Assist the Assistant Security Manager/Assistant Managers-Security during his tour of duty.
- Ensure the smooth running of all operational procedures within the department and in-relation to other departments.
- Conduct enquiries and checks on all security and fire related incidents and submit initial reports.
- Conduct roll-call/daily briefing during each shift on the hotel's activities/functions of the day to the security officers 15 minutes before the commencement of their duties.
- Assist/Organize the Security Fire Fighting Team in the event of an emergency.
- Ensure all Fire Exits are clear from obstruction at all times.
- Assist management and enforce offices in emergency situations.
- Assist in the investigation of any accidents and security incidents involving hotel guest and employees.
- Question any suspicious character in a polite manner; Refuse entry if the subject is not able to provide reasonable reply; Request for assistance immediately if the situation arises.
- Assist in employee bag checks and periodic locker searches and ensures that they are carried out according to the hotel's Policy and Procedure.
- Monitor and control the movement of all employees leaving and entering the hotel through the employee entrance.
- Support the implementation of The People Philosophy, demonstrating and reinforcing Kempinski's Values and Culture Characteristics.
- Ensure that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
- Ensure that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
- Responsible for trainer security.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Checks and accounts for all inventories in the Security Office.
- Records all occurrences of security interest in the log book for the information of the security personnel and management.
- Building Organizational Commitment.
- Teamwork Building.
- Information Management
- Problem Solving & Decision Making.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Listening Skills.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Security Manager - World Class Facility
Senior Manager - Security Services
Transguard Workforce Solutions
Security Specialist - Airport
|Abu Dhabi||18 Jan|