Job description / Role
Assurance - ACE - Associate - Oman
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of our regional Assurance/Arabic Centre of Excellence (ACE) in Amman, we currently have opportunities for ambitious and motivated graduates who are able to communicate comfortably in English and Arabic as part of virtual teams. Analysts support the mainstream core Assurance (Audit) departments and work on a huge range of clients across the region. In this business area we perform standardised and routine audit and administrative procedures. Our services are developed with a process-driven approach with corresponding training and technology. Financial statements are a core deliverable within this process, they have to be drafted, checked and reviewed against a checklist and finally translated. Your knowledge of IFRS will grow through this experience. During the core audit season, accounting graduates will join the engagement teams and perform the vouching and documentation of test of details. New services are constantly developed in this growing area of the Assurance practice.
- You will be required to possess strong project management skills to execute the process work flow from the beginning to its final review stage, thereby working with people of different level of experience in the business area.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in the services and learning the skills needed to execute them to a high level of quality in an efficient way.
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different countries in the region on the standardised services to ensure they are being conducted in accordance with the user guide.
- Based on request requirements the candidates will provide the service against agreed deadlines and monitors the time spent which is recorded on a time sheet system daily.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives and,
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world in PwC's service delivery centres.
- As Analyst in the ACE team, the role includes wider practice communication responsibilities which relate to the execution of the individual work request.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC's Assurance/Arabic Centre of Excellence. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of our services to the Middle Eastern Assurance practice. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Diploma holder
- Successful candidates who grow in this role and/or might transfer into the wider Assurance business should aim for mandatory qualifications such as: ACCA, IFRS Diploma, PMP.
- Ability to learn in a culture where one takes responsibility for their personal growth and development.
- Able to work under pressure and meeting multiple deadlines a day while maintain a positive attitude and exemplary customer service.
- Strong interest and passion for attention to detail in a multi-cultural working environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to priorities work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmers MS Office: word, excel and power point.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English and Arabic.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates might be required.
Minimum years experience required
- Years of Experience: Newly graduated and ideally you will have some work experience from an administrative / analytical background within a corporate / professional environment such as internships.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.