Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes nearly 1,600 people based in 12 countries across the region. Our people are aligned to different industry teams, so our clients can be confident that they will receive advice which is tailored around the unique challenges and opportunities that they encounter.
- PwC Muscat are looking for Managers who have experience in leading the audits of large companies to join our growing assurance practice based in Muscat, Oman.
You'll lead medium to large teams, primarily on the audits of our unrivalled portfolio of clients in the region. You'll be responsible for the delivery of your engagements and ensuring the high quality of your team's audit work and reporting. You will also lead and coach your team members, and manage relationships with senior level clients. More broadly, you will also contribute to the running of our business unit, including business and people development.
Our clients include many of the most prestigious institutions in the banking and financial institution sectors.
Oman has a population of around 4.5 million people with roughly 50% of the population living in the vicinity of the capital, Muscat. Oman borders the United Arab Emirates and is a short flight from Dubai. Like its larger neighbour Dubai, Muscat has a large Ex-pat population who are very well catered for. Some of the benefits of living in Oman are:
- Tax free salary
- Sunshine virtually every day of the year
- Very social lifestyle
- Muscat is a very clean and safe city
- Beautiful and dramatic landscape with idyllic beaches
- Very relaxed pace of life
- Open-air and adventurous lifestyle
Additional Job Description Additional Job Description
The successful candidate will lead a team to provide audit services across a range of sectors. This will involve the provision of services to a portfolio of audit clients.
A key aspect will be managing work undertaken in connection with external audit reviews, reporting directly to a partner or director. Other important responsibilities will include:
- Managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are achieved.
- Leading of internal and external team and client meetings.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key client contacts
- Managing the personal and professional training and development of your team.
- CA / ACCA / CPA qualified with broad ranging audit experience including planning, controlling & completing a diverse range of assignments;
- Experience in leading medium to large sized audit teams;
- Experience in supervising and developing staff;
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships;
- Proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Keen interest in and strong knowledge of the Financial Services sector.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.