Job description / Role
Assurance - External Audit - Financial Services - Oman - Senior Associate
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Job Description Summary
PwC Oman are looking to recruit experienced Senior Associates to join their team. The jobholder would typically be degree qualified (e.g. to Bachelors degree level) in an accountancy, finance or numeracy based degree
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing the planning sections of audits;
- The audit of all the file's areas;
- Completion steps (In some cases issuing the financials);
- Manage the job time in efficient way;
- Perform the required work with the required quality (PwC methodology);
- Take the right decisions when needed;
- Act as a Development Team Manager to teams of Associates Tutor one of PwC's many training courses;
- Champion business unit initiatives ranging from technology to learning and development;
- Help less experienced team members
Additional Job Description
- ACA/ACCA/CPA qualification (or equivalent) with broad ranging audit experience including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments
- Effective communication skills when working at all levels with well developed listening and questioning techniques
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously without direct day to day management Desire for continuous self improvement
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- Knowledge of IAS and IFRS
Minimum years experience required
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in an audit role in a Big 4 firm
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.