Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
- You will be required to possess strong IT auditing skills and work in close collaboration with the financial audit and internal audit teams
- Your role will be to identify key risks and controls, recommend improved controls, perform controls readiness projects and identify and assess controls in IT infrastructures, security, change management, access management, operations, program development, and in financial reporting related business processes. You will also be required to draft audit reports for circulation to clients' management
- You will have the ability to continuously develop your skills, taking a keen interest in trends in technologies and the impact on our clients so you can help in conducting successful IT controls audits and identify any other high value propositions for our clients
- You will be required to demonstrate extensive project management skills related to IT audit projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules
- You will be required to demonstrate extensive abilities as a team leader, which includes creating a positive environment; monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations; respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different competences within the firm (e.g. ERP Assurance, Data Assurance, Cyber Security and Enterprise Resilience)
- The role also requires working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client audits and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate
- The role includes wider responsibilities which will include collaborating with the engagement leader and manager of external or internal audit teams for agreeing budgets, communications IT audit results and their impact on the overall audit and making contributions to the audit strategy/plan
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC's Business Controls & Enterprise Resilience team within our Risk Assurance Middle East practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of IT audits across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network
- The candidate should have working knowledge of information technology general controls concepts in the areas of system development, change management, computer operations and access to programs and data and experience in identifying and assessing business process controls and linkage to IT systems
- The candidate should understand IT security fundamentals across multiple domains including security management, security architecture, access control, application development, operations security, physical security, cryptography, telecommunications and networking, business continuity planning, investigations and ethics
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. He/ She will be able to work both independently and/or as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Computer Sciences, Information Systems Auditing, Accounting.
- Professional qualifications: Preference shall be given to the candidates having CISA qualifications, however the qualifications such as CISA, CISM, PMP, ITIL Practitioner can also be considered
- Years of Experience: 1-3 years of relevant experience in IT risk and controls auditing such as access to program and data, change controls and computer operations, business process understanding and conducting business process automated controls testing
- The candidates are required to have understanding of COBIT 5, ISO 27001 standard, Project Management standards, IT Service Management Framework, server operating systems (windows, Linux/Unix), databases (Oracle, SQL)
- Candidates having hands-on experience of any of the leading ERPs (Oracle or SAP) will be given preference
- Exposure to sectors such as Financial Services, Oil and Gas, Telecom, Services etc.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes [excel, word, PowerPoint etc.]
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.