Job description / Role
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes. Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah. We are currently looking for a degree qualified BIM Manager with a minimum of 5 years experience.
• To develop, lead and assist project teams in BIM project set up
• To develop and deliver structured BIM models for projects within your discipline
• To implement BIM training modules for key staff and maintain training courseware
• To participate in the process of developing BIM standards for projects across Atkins
• To develop and maintain Revit content libraries through creation of families, etc
• To provide guidance and assistance with design projects to ensure they are setup and progress optimally, and teams are using Revit appropriately
• To ensure that the implementation of Revit aligns with Atkins CAD-BIM strategy and links appropriately with the wider business
• Develop procedures to facilitate sharing of content and knowledge throughout Atkins
• Demonstrate expertise in preparation of 3D BIM models and construction documents using Revit Architecture, Revit Structure or Revit MEP
• For Revit MEP - Modeling HVAC, Plumbing systems, based on survey data, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
• Clash detection and coordination of all services in Revit & Navisworks
• Revit content creation: Parametric families using formulae, nesting and type catalogs
• Integration of Revit products with other applications (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, eSPEC, Quantity Takeoff, etc)
• BIM and associated software skills to automate routines to support standards and improve productivity
• BIM experience with 3D rendering and visualisation, BOQ & cost estimation, analysis and simulations, and specification linking etc.
• Must have computer experience in Microsoft Windows networked environments, and good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, email, Web-enabled applications and database software
• Managing a multi functional design team responsible for delivering a large number of varied infrastructure projects in accordance with the client’s requirements.
• Managing key stakeholder interfaces which will include all departments within the client organisation as well as other government departments.
• Establish project controls and reporting and ensure timely delivery of projects to time, cost and quality.
• Progress reporting and monitoring in line with contract KPIs
• Ensure resources are appropriate to meet current and future commitments and to maximize opportunities.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Accommodation allowance
• Transportation allowance
• 26 calendar days annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).