Job description / Role
Required as soon as possible
The Bookkeeper will administer and report timely and accurate financial information to the Head of Finance and provide a variety of bookkeeping and accounting functions including invoicing clients and payroll for staff.
• Preparing timely and accurate monthly, termly and annual financial management reports for the Head of Finance.
• Making sure that account balances are up to date.
• Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
• Checking and verifying source documents such as invoices, receipts, computer printouts.
• Allocating and posting financial transaction details to subsidiary books.
• Transferring data to general ledger.
• Reconciling and balancing all accounts.
• Drawing up financial statements (trial balance, income statement, balance sheet, monthly management accounts).
• Collating and analysing account data and generate financial reports.
• Collecting information for and preparing payroll payments for employees.
• Maintaining internal control systems.
• Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Processing payments on behalf of the company.
• Preparing and processing payroll with support from external accountants.
• Complying with relevant reporting requirements and financial laws and regulations.
• Assisting with budget preparation.
• Assisting with audits.
• Reviewing and auditing financial statements and reports; ensuring all calculations and data entries are correct.
• Maintaining complete filing system to support all financial records.
• Reporting any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities.
• Suggesting changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
• Other duties as required.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required (E = Essential, D = Desirable)
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field (E)
• ACCA or CIMA accountancy qualification (D)
• 5+ years experience in finance (E)
• Experience of working in a school or education setting (D)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent mathematical and IT skills (E)
• Experience of using financial software packages such as SAGE, QuickBooks, PASS (E)
• The ability to form strong relationships with all colleagues (E)
• The ability to meet tight deadlines (E)
• Integrity and honesty (E)
• Understanding of data privacy standards (D)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (E)
• Real attention to detail (E)
• Organisational, planning, problem-solving, research, analytical, critical thinking and multi-tasking skills (E)
• A willingness to go the extra mile (E)
• Be highly organised, determined, hardworking and pro-active.
• Understand the flexibility required to help a young company grow successfully.
• Build strong working relationships through excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Meet deadlines and work efficiently under pressure.
• Use excellent spoken and written English in all communications.
• Have excellent time management skills.
About the Company
EduReach is a leading international school owner and operator with a portfolio across seven countries and three continents.
Developed in partnership with prestigious UK Independent schools, we provide pupils with the very best education by blending hundreds of years of tradition with a rich local culture. With families across the globe regarding a British education as the best in class, EduReach’s aim is to help increasing numbers of pupils fulfil their potential at school, university and beyond.
Our depth of experience in the complex and multi-faceted process of designing, building, staffing and managing a new school in another country is founded on our ingrained passion for what we do and the values we uphold. We work from the heart of the initiative, bringing the concept to life, seeing it through to the first pupils in the classrooms, to steady state and beyond.
EduReach delivers a turn-key solution for opening and operating a new international school and has the in-house expertise to manage all aspects of the project. We seek to develop long-term partnerships based on mutual aims and objectives and a common set of values for high quality education.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Accountant - Receivable and Payable Accounts Experience
De Rigo Vision Middle East FZCO
Irwin & Dow
National Power Construction Corporation Limited