Job description / Role
The successful candidate will be working for one of prestigious and leading Media Companies in Sultanate of Oman. This position will set-up & lead the Business Development Department in order to achieve the organization’s targets with the following key responsibilities:
• Responsible for making strategic direction for all New Business activities including creation, execution, monitoring and evaluation of new business development plans.
• Define, develop, execute and measure the new opportunities aligned with the business objectives.
• Provide continuous analysis of market trends in the media industry including customer requirements, competitive strategy and identification of new opportunities for increasing market share.
• Responsible to provide the company with sustainable and profitable growth
• Strategic technical marketing skills to acquire and win new clients, competitor’s product knowledge with synthesize information and develop cost estimates.
• Develops annual marketing plan towards the development and expansion of the organization and plan for the future on meeting organizational objectives.
• Help in the development of customer value proposition, including customer experience, pricing inbounding marketing, product differentiation, brand awareness, merchandising, assortment and promotional planning.
• Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
• Participate in the management of the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
• Specifying market requirements for current and future products by organizing market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
• Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
• Analyzing potential partner relationships for investment product lines.
OMR 1,200 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related discipline.
• Graduate degree in a related field or MBA.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior role in publishing industry
• MENA Region/ GCC experience.
• Preferably has contacts with Publishers and Media experience.
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the related industry
• Requires excellent written and verbal communications in English and Arabic.
• Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to details.
• Strong computer skills.
• Superior professionalism and judgment.
• Language: Arabic and English
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.