Job description / Role
As a Business Tax Advisory Senior, you'll make a technical contribution to business tax advisory client engagements and internal projects. You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You may participate in researching tax issues, preparing written communications, helping clients with responses to tax authorities, and assisting clients in maximizing tax credit claims and improving their tax function.
Working with supervision, you'll contribute to presenting our work and its findings to clients. With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll escalate issues as appropriate. Collaborating closely with colleagues, you'll determine whether work is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality and Risk Management (Q&RM) guidelines. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
• Participate in business tax advisory engagements
• Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
• Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
• Build strong internal relationships within the business tax advisory team and across other services
• Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
• Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining staff
• Maintain an educational program to develop personal skills on an ongoing basis
• Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
• Commercial, legislative and industry knowledge
• Ability to apply Q&RM procedures
• Relevant public accounting or industry experience
• Professional accountancy qualification [recruiter to describe specific requirements] or working towards gaining one
Who we are
Modern tax regulations are highly complex and dynamic. As one of our Business Tax Services professionals, you'll help clients meet the increasing and ever more complex demand for tax compliance, reporting and advisory services within organizations. Working as part of a diverse global team, you'll gain the technical knowledge you need to assist clients with demands across the tax life-cycle. You'll also gain valuable wide-ranging experience across industries. We'll help you develop the skills you need for a successful career and support and encourage you to become a recognized leader in the tax profession.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region