Job description / Role
Responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that the business is equipped fully in presenting the correct requirements & to successfully bid and win the project. This person will also need to proactively follow-up with subcontractors to ensure that bids are received, therefore a determined, positive and assertive manner is required.
- Use of the organization historical data and analysis
- Reviewing and optimizing the direct costs.
- Selecting the suitable sub-contractors and suppliers for the project.
- Preparing the project organization chart.
- Calculation project indirect costs (Establishment and Running Costs).
- Completing the tender estimation synopsis.
- Completing the sections pertaining to project cost in the settlement sheet
- Guiding and supporting the tendering administrator.
- Prioritizing the tasks of the junior estimation engineers
- Guiding the junior estimation engineers when computing direct costs, creating bid assumptions sheet and quotations comparison sheets.
- Reporting to the proposals manager and highlighting the major risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in civil engineering.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working within Civil estimation and within a contracting business/s.
- Academic accreditation in estimation topics.
- Working experience in the Middle East / Gulf region.
- Proficient in using MS Office as minimum.
- Proficient in using estimation tools including CANDY and other similar software.
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Rider Levett Bucknall
Sr. Quantity Surveyor
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Site Engineer (Civil) - 6 Month Contract