Job description / Role
To carry out the commissioning activities for electrical systems within the site commissioning team for building new oil station with its associated off plot.
• Support on the establishment of the strategies, plans and targets for the define and execute phase to ensure that key project objectives are met in respect to HSE, quality/performance, schedule and cost.
• Ensure compliance with engineering procedures, International codes, standards & approved codes of practice
• Responsible for reviewing and approving of all Commissioning electrical engineering documents created by the contractor
• Contribute to the development of the required overall progress monitoring tools for the define/ execute phases and provide timely information of progress to the Commissioning and Start up CSU Lead
• Input to the Commissioning & Completions Management Systems (CCMS) including review & approval of project specific Inspection Test Reports( ITRs).
• Responsible Input to project plans and schedules, achievement of agreed schedule, during the course of the project or study or early identification of project areas of concern with necessary corrective action identified
• Support in the implementation of the Flawless Start Up Initiatives in the execution of pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
• Ensure that and all persons within the Electrical team fully comply with all Company & Project HSE requirements. Achieve Project Target of Zero LTI.
• Supervise electrical staff under their control, & responsible for the technical quality of work produced by them.
• Ensure that personnel within the electrical group are competent Identification of inadequacies in personnel and proposing solutions such as training, coaching or replacement
• Participate in After Action Review so as to capture future project learnings.
• Monitor the contractors’ electrical equipment installation and pre-commissioning activities and ensure these are executed in accordance with the project HSE, technical specifications, quality standards and procedures defined in the contracts.
• Monitor material and equipment delivery and ensure storage, preservation and maintenance are performed and recorded, in line with vendor requirements.
• Review and comment on the contractors’ documents on electrical equipment including method statements, ITPs, work procedures and practices.
• Ensure that the electrical pre-commissioning and commissioning activities are properly organized, scheduled and conducted in a structured and safe manner, to test and certify that the installed equipment/systems, comply with the agreed performance parameters indicated in the design documents and specifications.
• Cooperate and support the CSU Operations team in the execution of Commissioning & Start-up activities
• Ensure to Work safely and think proactively about personal safety and safety of others at work
• Actively participate in, contribute to, and promote company occupational health, safety, security and environment culture.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company HSE and Security policies and procedures and meet company HSE goals and targets, and participate in HSE programs.
• Minimum BSc in Electrical engineering
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience in oil and gas operations, Exposure to desert operations
• Significant experience in the design, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning of electrical equipment/systems in the upstream or downstream Oil & Gas facilities and with proven leadership capability.
• Skilled in electrical equipment/systems pre-commissioning and commissioning planning and execution and capable of overseeing embedment of Flawless Start Up initiatives in projects.
• Conversant in local and international electrical standards, codes and practices
• Experience in computerized Project Completion and Certification System
• Experience in EPC Contract management.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with good communications skills are essential.
• Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical/commercial issues associated with the development of oil and gas projects and operation of such plants/facilities.
• The job demands a high standard of verbal & written English, a strong team player with highly effective communications / interpersonal & coaching skills, and PC literacy.
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.