Job description / Role
This position will be needed to lead the site commission team to carry out the commissioning activities for new oil station with its associated off plot systems.
• Develop the Commissioning and Start-up (CSU) plan for the Project, including mapping out Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) Contractor activities and resources required.
• Identify the CSU resources required to fully execute activities from completion of construction through commissioning and start-up, and through the Initial Operation Phase.
• Identify the FEED phase activities related to Commissioning and Start-up (CSU) and ensure the invite to tender (ITT) documents for the EPC phase contain the CSU framework and requirements.
• Finalize the Project to Asset Transfer philosophy and strategy.
• Guide and assist the FEED contractor(s) to implement the CSU requirements within the FEED deliverables.
• Define detailed CSU implementation requirements, including KPI's, systems definition, and minimum conditions for Start-up, Testing and Handover, etc.
• Validate budget control estimates for CSU costs.
• Responsible for the site mechanical construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
• Supervision and preparation of pre-commissiong/commissioning task activities on pressure test, leak test, hydro test, flushing, blowing up, punch list, commissioning check lists, arranges equipment testing and others
• Responsible for development and implement ion of Mechanical Completion, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning procedures
• Coordinate with the Contractor in construction and installation activities with emphasis on the commissioning requirements such activities as different pipelines/flow lines, assembly or fitting works, pipe-rack erection, pipe-trench and sleeper racks, piping system fixtures, hangers and supports installation, as well as mechanical, electrical and instrumentation equipment installation ensuring work is carried out in accordance with relevant Codes, Standards and Procedures
• Report progress on commissioning activities during the construction phase of the Project
• Provide documents on commissioning activities that were completed
• Demonstrate and record that equipment or systems that have been newly installed are able to perform in accordance with specified requirements
• Responsible for bringing the equipment or systems safely into service and hand it over to the asset owner
• Responsible for Investigation and troubleshooting of problems during the commissioning phase of the Project
• Ensure to Work safely and think proactively about personal safety and safety of others at work
• Actively participate in, contribute to, and promote company occupational health, safety, security and environment culture.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company HSE and Security policies and procedures and meet company HSE goals and targets, and participate in HSE programs.
• Minimum B.Sc in an engineering discipline
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in oil and gas operations, Exposure to desert operations
• Experience in commissioning and start-up of a major/medium project, including use of a commissioning management system
• The candidate shall be willing and able to work on technical details, have good theoretical knowledge combined with practical engineering and operations experience in the maintenance discipline.
• Candidate must be conversant with all relevant International and Group Procedures and Standards.
• The job demands a high standard of verbal & written English, a strong team player with highly effective communications / interpersonal & coaching skills, and PC literacy.
• Experience of working with the confines of an EPC type contract regime.
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.