Computer Engineering Lecturer
Job description / Role
The post holders are expected to contribute to the scholarship and intellectual life of the College by conducting high quality teaching as appropriate and as instructed by the Head of Department. The post holders will also participate in the Centre and wider Departmental activities.
In addition to teaching, subject planning, preparation and research, Instructors should also advise and guide students, invigilating examinations, participate in faculty and administrative meetings, act on academic committees, and organize departmental workshops. The range of duties may vary from time to time but faculties are engaged primarily in teaching.
- Working days: 5 days a week (Sunday to Thursday)
- Working hours: 8 hours/per day
- Contact hours: 18 to 21 contact hours/week
Salary: Very Competitive Tax Free salary.
- Medical insurance for staff and Three dependents (Dependent must be on GlobNet family-joining Visa)
- Workmanship Compensation Insurance
- Gratuity as per Omani Labour Law
- One-way joining ticket for staff
- Minimum of Masters Degree in the relevant field.
- Specialization of Bachelors and Masters should be same or similar.
- Five years of teaching in a reputed College or University experience after Masters Degree.
- Experience should be teaching in relevant specialization to Bachelors or Masters level students.
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.