Job description / Role
As this is a Site Based position in Qran Alam it is offered at Single Person status and not suitable for family relocation. To supervise discipline construction activities in the area to ensure that all works are completed according to design, on schedule and to appropriate level of HSE & Quality.
• Supervising the discipline construction and commissioning activities in a safe manner, within budget, on time and in accordance with applicable Company Procedures and Technical Specifications.
• To review the scope of construction works and identify for any anomalies prior and during construction.
• To monitor the HSE performance of all construction contractors in the area (against the Departmental, Project or Contract HSE Plan) and to ensure that all work Sites under his control are operating in a safe manner.
• To review Contractor’s plan and ensure Project targets are met.
• To sign (within the limits of assigned Technical Authority) the test pack after completion of individual jobs making sure that the job has been done according to PDO standards and regulation and Site is cleaned of any scrap.
• To plan for station or part of station shutdown with operations.
• Ensure that scheduled requirement are always met and ensure quality deliverable.
• Promote a plan – execute – measure – feedback work loop method in construction activities.
• Develop Omani Contractor Personnel.
• To foster continuous Business Improvement.
• To review marked-up as built drawings of the completed job before handover to operations and project engineer. To highlight any deviations from the original design to the head of construction.
Management & Leadership:
• To manage / supervise discipline construction activities in the area to ensure that all works are completed according to design, on schedule and to appropriate levels of HSE & quality.
• Shall report to the construction co-coordinator in relevant Operational Area.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to motivate a team within a matrix type organisation.
• Degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering or HND.
• Minimum of 5 years with experience in Oil & Gas construction and pre-commissioning activities in the large Engineering & construction organisation.
• GCC working experience
• Familiar with design and engineering standards. Read and understand drawings.
Qarn Alam - site based
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability