Job description / Role
Please note this is site based in Qarn Alam and for our client PDO, therefore the position is suitable only for applicants on Single Person Status only and you must have extensive experience within Oil & Gas construction sector within a Construction Contracting business.
As the Construction Engineer you will review the SOW and delivery progress for each activity on a daily basis, act as technical representative at site, manage the daily site activities and look a heads to ensure the required manpower and equipment is available to ensure that work is carried out according to the scope of work and meets all quality and safety requirements.
You will be required to record the site progress and evaluate the site performance accurately and feed this information to the planning engineers on a daily basis. You will highlight and act on any non-conformance immediately and focus on delivering efficiencies and improving delivery progress.
• Provide engineering direction and control of assigned projects.
• Responsible for pre-planning, scheduling, execution and the close out of these projects.
• Serve as the engineer in charge of the construction of works, which will require you to provide direction to site supervisors and permit holders that are responsible for all phases of construction while receiving the minimum supervisory guidance.
• Conduct engineering analysis from current or completed jobs to establish usage factors needed by departments or by construction estimators to forecast labor, tools and equipment required.
• Support Site Management by furnishing data on progress, safety, quality, materials and general statistical nature that is required for controlling project delivery and performance.
• Make "on-the-job" analysis of conditions, which may be causing performance to deviate from expected quality, safety or progress standards.
• Apply necessary measures on project controls, safety, quality and integrity. Ensure access to project site for those who are involved in project construction, and assist in obtaining work permits.
• Work as job expediter for better construction efficiency.
• Manage project close outs and signing off process.
• Bachelors' degree in Civil Engineering.
• 8+ years’ experience' in civil construction or associated engineering fields.
• 6+ years’ experience within oil and gas construction.
• Familiar with design and engineering standards.
• Read and understand drawings
• Fluent in English both written and verbal
• Valid driving licence
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability
Site Engineer Civil
|Saudi Arabia||13 Nov|
Civil Site / Construction Manager
|East Timor||28 Nov|
Senior Civil Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Civil Site Engineer
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||29 Oct|