Job description / Role
Accountable for the site activities of the Facilities Department by managing every phase of construction projects from the initial planning to its completion.
• Lead contract management including Quality, planning, performance monitoring and oversee contractor’s progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Performs supervisory functions and leading the construction team who comprises of key Construction disciplines (where applicable, QA/QC Engineer, Civil, Mechanical, facilities, Electrical, Instrument, Flowlines and Material Coordinator).
• Lead contractor site mobilization and demobilization coordination and management.
• Strive to resolves Site technical project issues and disputes in line with terms and conditions of the contracts and elevate any disagreement to the Contract Holder for adjudication.
• Contribute in contract preparation, project HAZOP, Design Review, IPFs, Risk Register and factory acceptance test (FAT).
• Coordinate all interfaces between construction contractors and Company Operations ensuring seamless execution of necessary shut-downs and tie-ins.
• Manage the design deliverables, procurement & construction such that the project is completed within agreed budget, schedule milestones, quality & strict account of HSE aspects.
• Develop and maintain effective working relations with contractor teams and with Asset teams’ interior organizations, ensuring that projects are executed smoothly and with minimum disruption to operations.
• Ensure implementation of all the tasks and targets assigned by engineering manager project manager and project engineer,
• Nominate and lead audit teams or participate in planned audits and inspections, identify non-conformances and corrective actions and monitor follow up.
• Ensure that technical integrity is fully maintained and that any deviations to company standards/procedures are formally approved and logged.
• Assist in resolving any claims arising from the contractor’s design, procurement and construction activities.
• Actively pursue the identification, evaluation, testing and application of new technology in order to continuously optimize the life cycle cost, operability, maintenance, safety and environmental impact as necessary.
• Represent company on the construction site, providing visible HSE Leadership, organizing, administering and controlling site activities in accordance with the relevant legislation, and Project requirements
• Assign work teams to specific jobs. And assigning specific construction activities to subordinates construction and QA/QC supervisors.
• Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
• Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
• Review and approval of Construction Method Statement.
• Communicate with the team on the materials submissions and coordinate the materials receipt and site inspections.
• Pre-commissioning of construction projects including vendor coordination and support.
• Reporting problem areas and raise preventive action request’s and non-conformance reports (NCR’s) to document work that fails to meet the specified quality requirements so that remedial action can be taken.
• Verifying that all NCRs have been satisfactorily resolved.
• Responsible for Project Quality audits covering Contract compliance, Resources verification, Technical compliance & procurement.
• Minimum Academic Qualifications BSc/BEng/HND in Engineering
• Minimum Work experience: 10 years of experience with minimum 5 years in oil and gas construction company in Middle East
• Knowledge of Oman contractors, materials and equipment suppliers would be highly regarded
• Flexible, positive and pro-active attitude, must be a good team player able to make a “hands on” contribution
• Procurement and contractual knowledge
• Construction management experience
• Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word essential, knowledge of Microsoft Project well regarded
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.