Job description / Role
Ooredoo Oman Family Member:
Overall responsibility for Operation Fulfillment Contractor, from strategic and tactical perspective, to ensure efficient and effective daily operation by the Manage Service Vendors in Ooredoo IT network to govern, supervise, optimise, manage, improve the operations and ensuring quality, integrity of all IT Applications (ESS, BSS, OSS), systems and enterprise data.
Responsibility covers leading Operation Fulfillment section and associated staff to assure design, implement, monitor and audit, analyse and improve operational processes related to Operation phase of service creation life cycle such as Incident Management, Event management and Problem Management Processes and for championing the activities of the section across organization, technology and wider in Ooredoo.
You will be responsible of the following:
Assurance & Delivery
- Lead different Operation Fulfilment engineers to assure design, implement, monitor and audit, analyse and improve operational processes related to Operation phase of service creation life cycle such as Incident Management, Event management and Problem Management Processes.
- Identify, initiate, inspire and promote operation quality and new operation assurance researches in operation assurance and collaboration within the Operation Fulfilment section.
- Oversee the set-up, configuration, and maintenance of ESS, BSS & OSS applications and systems, databases and enterprise data.
- Governing the incidents closely by reviewing the RCA, actions taken, and map it to corresponding KPI's.
- Oversee the 3rd party contracts and tickets handled by the manage service team and ensure the KPI's & SLA's are up to the mark of required quality and response.
- Ensuring the operational management reports are proactively checked and delivered to the management meetings weekly before time.
- Oversee deeply the Business critical applications like CRM, Billing, Provisioning, Payment Gateways, Mobile Number Portability but not limited to on the operational issues
- Ensure compliance with all internal organization standards as a step towards sustained quality of service and maintaining the integrity, security of all IT Applications & systems
- Verify preventive maintenance proactively of all the applications & systems, monitoring the performance and other activities implemented by manage service team according to the contract.
- Enhancing and improving the existing policies , process and performance of the managed systems in line with the management strategy.
- Preserve assets by leading and identifying disaster recovery measures and back-up procedures and information security and mitigate any operation risks.
- Work with procurement and other departments within Ooredoo Oman to manage or renew the manage service vendor and different operation vendors' contracts.
- Be accountable on auditing manage service and other operation vendors' performance against their agreed contact.
Effectiveness, Efficiency, Quality & Service Assurance
- Maintain effectiveness and efficiency in the Operation Fulfillment area by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for Operation Assurance.
- Promote and maintain high quality by establishing and enforcing standards in all Operation Fulfillment activities
- Ensure Ooredoo services continuity by ensuring a well-established and followed up service level agreement monitoring, incidents management, inventory and change assurance.
Strategy and Alignment with O. G. Alignment
- Input in forming the Operation Assurance strategy in the Information Technology Infrastructure department and more broadly across the group.
- Take ownership of gathering requirements and information as well as share knowledge and experience when required with the group to align the Operation Assurance overall strategies.
- Recommend Operation Assurance strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating processes outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Operation Fulfillment budget control, annual budget planning, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective action.
You have: BS in Computer Science or Electronics/Telecom Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum eight years of relevant operation assurance, administration, governance or similar experience in a GSM operator or vendor
- Minimum f our years of technical operation & maintenance experience.
- Minimum two years' management experience.
- Multiple telecom systems/applications Expertise knowledge
- Professional Project Management
- Able to effectively train his/her work group and effectively lead work teams within the work group
- Able to give strong and effective presentations to general audiences and write convincing proposals and reports
- Deep understanding of the IT Systems & IT Applications Enterprise level.
- Deep understanding functionality of different IT elements & tightly integrated Telecom applications
Professional Qualification / Certification requirements
- Relevant technical certification
- PMP certification or equivalent
- ITIL / eTOM certification.
- Operation Budgeting
- Business planning
- Strategy development
- Project Management
- Team management
- Report Writing
- Team Management
- Communicating Effectively
- Planning and organising skills
- Results orientation
- Creative and analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Developing Others
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.