Job description / Role
Ooredoo Oman Family Member
Value-added tax (VAT) is a consumption tax placed on a product whenever value is added at each stage of the supply chain. The amount of VAT that the user pays is on the cost of the product. The GCC has introduced a VAT framework. As per expectations VAT is planned to be effective possibly from Q3 2019 in Oman.
You will be responsible of the following
Coordinating Tracking and monitoring of program against baseline
- Coordinating meetings and sessions with stakeholders as required
- Follow-up of RSD and system implementation.
- Follow-up on readiness of processes relating to VAT
- Coordinating the VAT "Working Team" activities
- Ensure relevant contract review and revision is undertaken as required.
- Identify and coordinate resolution of areas of challenge ( eg VAT treatment of handset installment)
Establish VAT department Processes and Readiness
- Customer and supplier registration processes and forms
- VAT Returns Processes and forms
- Inter system reconciliations
Preparation, coordination and finalization of system requirement documentation and subsequent system implementation:
- Coordinating input requirements from PWC, Business , IT
- Giving tax input requirements (based on PWC advise/ Management steer)
- Finalizing complete RSD for submission to demand management
- Challenging / checking RSD set-up ( Tax treatment , Architecture and configuration) to ensure meets requirements and is flexible.
- Ensuring system configurations correctly accurately reflect RSD & Testing across Whole VAT system
Lobbying Support with tax office
- Prepare supporting write-ups and documentation for the white paper
- Prepare and/or obtain requested sample documents
- Ensure Government endorsement of VAT treatment in all areas
Reporting on a fortnightly basis to Steering committee and ExCo
Other tax related work
- Withholding tax exemption certificates coordination
- Review of tax terms in contracts
Individual needs to have minimum of 8+ total years of experience on application of VAT, 2 years min in a telecommunication operator environment. You have project management and financial exposure. You have excellent computer kills.
- Team Management
- Communicating Effectively
- Planning and organising skills
- Results orientation
- Creative and analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Developing Others
- Team player
Note: you will be required to attach the following
- Resume / cv
- Passport-size photograph
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Accounting & Finance Specialist
TAV Airports Holding Co. (TAV Aero)
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Irwin & Dow
Big Fish Recruitment
Finance and Administration Manager