Job description / Role
- Ensure relevant due diligence processes are executed and appropriate approvals documented.
- Lead the development of bid packages, supporting bid proposal evaluation, providing analysis of results, and compiling recommendations to award to secure relevant internal and external approvals.
- Conduct sourcing activities using Company approved systems (e.g., Ariba).
- Manage approach to supply market process, execute the RFP, and select supplier(s), put in place fit-for-purpose contracts that conform to Purchase to Pay (P2P) standards and process.
- Ensure Local Content (In-Country Value) obligations are considered and incorporated into the procurement decisions as required.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop accurate forecasts for goods and services incorporating demand data into the Contracts and Procurement Plan (CPP) to support delivery to forecast requirements.
- Comply with all laws and regulations in Oman to mitigate compliance risks.
- Promote compliance with BP's Code of Conduct and practice ethical business behaviour.
- Support contract negotiations to deliver best value and terms which protect the best interests of the business.
- Execute compliance activities including audit resolution as applicable.
- University degree in Law, Business, Finance, Procurement or other technical Discipline.
- Work experience range of 7-10 years with minimum 4 years’ experience in contracting.
- Good experience with e-procurement system.
- Previous experience in leading strategic sourcing activities for complex and med-high value contracts.
- Contract drafting and negotiation of for complex and med-high value contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders across multiple disciplines, cultures and geographies and with suppliers.
About the Company
Orion Engineering was established in 1987 to supply Engineering personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry. Since then the company has grown significantly and presently has in excess of 4000+ personnel on secondment worldwide.
Our blue chip client list includes major oil companies such as Shell, BP, Chevron Texaco and Exxon Mobil and major engineering contractors and suppliers such as Technip, Wood Group. Talisman and Wormald Tyco.
The division has offices at various strategic locations throughout the world including London, Houston, Aberdeen, Lagos, Doha, Singapore and 5 offices throughout Kazakhstan.