Job description / Role
Function & Scope
• The Country Director will manage and be accountable for ensuring the operational success and delivery of business targets for Design & Engineering with a focus on Design and Construction Supervision opportunities. This is predominantly a staff leadership and client management role in country. The Country Director is accountable for the Oman P&L performance and the successful delivery of Projects and site operations services
• Act as figurehead for staff providing support, communications and coaching as appropriate.
• Provide thought-leadership for key client relationships, developing and improving business relationships with customers, stakeholders and the wider SNC-Lavalin organisation. Act as the facilitator for EDPM's key relationships in-country to support the business and own key accounts.
• Act as the senior in-country representative.
• Maintain the necessary in-country operating conditions for the practices and teams.
• Collaborate with Market Directors on specific marketing and sales pipeline activities in line with ME&A strategy, working closely with Faithful and Gould, Acuity and SNC-Lavalin as appropriate.
• Accountable for P&L performance and the successful delivery of Projects
• Line management responsibilities for the Project Management / Leadership department within country.
• Support management of country overheads and prioritise discretionary spend on strategic areas.
• Drive cash management.
• Lead on Crisis management in-country.
• Identify, manage and reduce risk to the business.
• Bid/No Bid decision making on opportunities along with Market Sector Directors and the MD
• Act as the principle point of contact with the client's senior representatives for the delivery of project services.
Develop close working relationships with:
• Relevant project, technical, finance and commercial staff
• Other EDPM business heads, Oman locally and internationally
• Divisional, market and practice directors
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979. In July 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC Lavalin and so it is now part of larger global group that can support the full range of project delivery, from inception to construction and final operation.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
• Demonstrable experience & understanding of engineering, project management & construction supervision.
• Proven client management and win work skills including strategic pursuit of key client opportunities.
• Successful track record of leading businesses and projects in region including planning and independently managing stakeholder and client relationships at the most senior levels.
• Demonstrable experience of operating within a matrix structure.
• Proven track record in financial control, commercial management, and negotiation management.
• Strong leadership qualities including the ability to influence inspire and motivate, with strong track record in team building and leadership, and staff recruitment and development.
• Professional membership of a relevant institution and degree qualified (or equivalent)
• Client and people focused with demonstrable ability to service strategic relationships with diplomacy while possessing the gravitas and dynamism to represent the company
• Culturally aware and able to influence & inspire at all levels, acting with a high level of charisma.
• Self-starter with clear decision-making ability.
• Demonstrable collaborative behaviors while managing sometimes conflicting division priorities.
• Strong Emotional Intelligence
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).