Job description / Role
Sinopack Search is partnering a leading healthcare construction main contractor who is currently looking for a Senior Project Manager / Deputy Project Director to join a new build hospital project in Oman.
This role is to support the Project Director role and will include pre-construction then taking the scheme forward to completion on-site to the satisfaction of the client whilst meeting all other party expectations.
• HSE – ensure a safety conscious environment, safety targets and standards are created and maintained throughout the design and construction phases.
• Knowing what safety excellence looks like and communicating safety with passion and credibility in order to inspire, motivate and lead not only your own Team but also other contractors involved with the project.
• Assist to instil a culture which openly embraces safety by actively seeking input from all participants and giving encouragement to find and implement safety improvements.
• Understand the Contract terms and conditions for the project.
• Lead the Project Team and manage supply chains to ensure delivery of the Project on time, to budget and to quality standards.
• Ensure external consultants are effectively managed to enable the delivery of services on-time and achieve and meet budget restraints.
• Ensure Company policies and procedures are maintained.
• Ensure Company image is upheld to the highest level.
• Ensure effective records are produced and maintained.
• Assist with reporting to Head Office project progress, risks, budget movement, anticipated claims and Client relationships.
• Lead, deliver and manage operational excellence and efficiency through:
- Use of leadership indicator health check reviews through pre-construction and construction phases.
- Ensure rigorous monthly project improvement processes are in place.
- Implementation of thorough commercial management.
- Using the principles of Lean Construction in the execution of the project.
• Ensure labour, plant and materials are efficiently managed throughout.
• Develop team individuals by coaching and training to develop a high performing Project Team.
• Produce Project Execution Plan.
Policies and Procedures:
• Adhere to all company and departmental policy and procedure.
• Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
• Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
• Ensure annual appraisals, job chats and job reviews are completed in line with company policy.
• Attend meetings and training as required.
• Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
• Attend work punctually.
• Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
• Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management.
• Degree educated and over 15 years experience in construction management
• Minimum 5 years of hospital construction experience in a senior management position is essential with the ability to lead, manage and successfully deliver a major hospital project which meets all Client expectations.
• Effective communicator, strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
• Understanding and knowledge of NHS (UK) hospital guidelines and specifications.
• Financial awareness to deliver and improve upon targets.
• Working knowledge of Primavera P6.
• An expert eye for detail and quality.
About the Company
Sinopack was created with one vision: to become the market leading recruiter for the Gulf construction market. Over the years, Sinopack has developed and nurtured relationships with the worlds leading Contractors, Developers, Project Management Consultancies and Architecture and Design practices. This has resulted in immediate, unrivalled access to the markets key decision-makers - giving exceptional candidates a distinct advantage.
With over 10 years experience exclusively recruiting internationally, Sinopack not only has an in-depth understanding of the global construction market but also a wealth of market knowledge that allows us to provide excellent service to our clients and candidates.
Project Manager Construction - Hotel/Resort
Senior Projects Manager / Operations Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
Senior Project Manager
|Abu Dhabi||30 Sep|
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)