Job description / Role
Dermatology Nurse assist the Dermatologist in the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of skin conditions. Dermatology nurses assist in the performance of skin exams, assess a patient’s condition and record patient’s medical history and test results.
• Well trained on intravenous and intramuscular injections: be able to find vessels (veins) in difficult cases.
• Be familiar with action in urgent situations (anaphylaxis, shock etc); should be able to assist doctor in case of cardiopulmonary reanimation.
• Skills of filling medical documentation, writing form/PC. Also be able to make before/after patient’s photos, take a sign for information lists, gather and take care of patient cards and histories.
• Be able to perform preventive, therapeutic measures prescribed by a cosmetologist.
• Have a skill of carrying out aesthetic cosmetic procedures, such as facial cleaning, comedo extraction, facial massage, mesorollers etc.
• Take care of cosmetologists working place, prepare the equipment for work, monitor its safety and serviceability.
• Should be able to prepare clients for procedures (cleaning the working area, applying anaesthesia, assisting during the procedure), monitors the patient’s condition during the procedure.
• Provides infectious safety for patients and medical personnel, meets the requirements of infection control, be familiar with aseptic and antiseptic rules.
• Experience in Phlebotomy would be an advantage.
• Candidates must be a Nursing graduate from an accredited college or university or equivalent as per Oman Ministry of Health guidelines.
• Diploma / Training undergone in any Skin care treatments Cosmetology is an added advantage.
• Minimum 5 years continuous nursing experience in the dermatology and/or cosmetic/aesthetic dermatology fields.
• Attention to detail required in the performance of skin exams and recording of patient’s medical histories and test results.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Fluency in Arabic language would be an advantage
• Good communicative and interpersonal skills, empathy
• Should be easy to learn, open to new information
• Be able to work in team
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.