Job description / Role
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
In the Middle East, we are working on some of the world's most iconic and complex projects. We take pride in helping our clients to realise their ambitions by offering our unique, local knowledge whilst leveraging our worldwide expertise. Our people, their expertise and the accountability we hold, for the future of our communities, make us unique.
We are looking to recruit a Design Engineer - Overhead Lines (OHL) to join our Power & Water Network supervision team in Oman.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
• Lead and manage the survey, feasibility study, design, construction and refurbishment of Overhead lines according to the requirement of relevant International engineering standards
• Provide design and construction guidelines for OHL projects considering all HSEQ requirements
• Undertake and lead OHL design services like “SAG Tension calculations / charts, Profiles and Route Drawings, Clearance Reports and Calculations, Wire Clearance Drawings, Tower Analysis, Tower Modelling, Insulator Set Design, Foundation Design, Line Profiling and Catenary Support System, Tower Setting Levels, Material Quantification etc.” by using appropriate design software’s
In order to be shortlisted for the role you will have the following;
• Bachelor degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
• Should have 10 years’ in Overhead line design and Project Management of Power Transmission (up to 400kV) and Distribution (33kV and 11kV) projects in the Middle East
• Experience in PLS Suite as advanced user and MS Office suite
We are a Great Place to Work© and take pride in attracting, developing and engaging the best professionals in our fields of expertise. We are problem-solvers who evolve, improve, modernise and excel. We know our solutions will shape the communities of tomorrow and help societies thrive sustainably. We embrace change and have an uncompromising determination to achieve excellence.
We are WSP
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.