Job description / Role
- Efficiently and effectively organize, plan and coordinate Development Engineering activities to provide technical guidance in order to improve aircraft-engine performance and reliability.
- Give guidance to Engineering Departments on all matters relating to maintenance, repair, overhaul, replacement and modification of aircraft and equipment.
- Monitors all defects, delays, and component and engine removals and ensures adverse situations are investigated and recommend remedial action.
- Review manufacturers and regulatory agencies technical data and recommend appropriate action to comply with regulations or improve performance and reliability and reduce cost of maintenance and overhaul.
- Liaise with manufacturer as necessary, and convert manufacturers Service Bulletins or other technical literature into Oman Air documentation (Engineering Order, Special Work Instructions etc.)
- Evaluate specifications for the implementation of modifications and repair schemes and advice on specialized tools or equipment required.
- Ensure all technical documents are evaluated and where applicable appropriate action is taken in the form of modifications, Technical Notices, raising AMS Amendments and other technical document amendments.
- Ability to manage Engine-APU shop visits, Workscope evaluation and approve and vet engine shop visits invoices.
- Respond to Oman Air Department requests and clarification in timely manner through Engineering Service request (ESR) and Technical Assistance request.
- Conduct incidents and accidents. Initiate follow up action as required. Investigate engine, component and system failure triggerd by Reliability Program and initiate follow up remedial action.
- Initiate as required Oman Air document for STC and Local Modifications and coordinate the approval through QA from Local Authority prior implementation.
- Undertake other duties as requested by SMDE and supervisors ensuring timeliness and utmost effective in completing the assigned tasks.
- Deputize Manger Development Engineering
- Propulsion to fulfill the duties and responsibilities in his absence.
- Capable to handle projects, and contracts related to Engines-APU and major engine components.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (preferably in Mechanical, or similar related field) with 6 years of relevant experience of which 3 years preferably in aviation Engineering and Maintenance.
- OR Diploma holder in Engineering (preferably in Mechanical, or similar field) OR ICAO Type II License with 4 years of relevant experience preferably in aviation Engineering and Maintenance.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Mechanical Design Engineer
Engineer – Production Operations Maintenance
|Al Ain||21 Feb|
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Data Centers