Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
We require a development manager to join an incumbent team working on a major hospitality project based in Oman.
To develop and deliver development initiatives set out within the client’s strategy and portfolio of projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Working with the project director in the team on a variety of hospitality developments.
• Liaising with other development managers in the region for better coordination of development activities and approvals guidance.
• Overseeing the health and safety, sustainability and environmental matters.
• Supporting the legal/property/site assembly matters.
• Managing the financial matters including development appraisals and fund raising.
• Managing the commercial matters including insurance.
• Managing the team assembly and consultant appointments.
• Providing the development strategy and brief formulation.
• Providing development governance.
• Guiding the design and cost management.
• Urban planning and development compliance.
• Providing stakeholder, press and public relations management.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Previous experience working in a similar development role.
• Experience leading projects from start to finish.
• Experience of working across the lifecycle of developments from feasibility and site acquisition through to planning, delivery, completion and sales.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Confidence, outgoing and showing leadership qualities.
• A relevant degree qualification.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Senior Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Civil Engineering Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Retail Operations Manager