Job description / Role
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Offers the opportunity as an experienced Directional Services Coordinator to join the team in Muscat, Oman.
- Coordinates and supervises activities of service or technical personnel via personnel assignments, job or project management, administration and technical support
- Responsible for multiple or single products/services in a single legal entity
- Typically does not have budgetary responsibility
- Monitors daily progress of job(s) or project(s)
- Works independently under general supervision, requiring normal guidance and review
- Provides some technical guidance and work direction to field staff
- Level is determined by a matrix based on years of experience, number of employees supervised, and scope of responsibility
- Handles special projects, as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Directional Drilling experience
- Thorough understanding of product line(s)/service(s) in an operational area or district
- Thorough understanding of customer requirements
- Thorough understanding of processes and procedures of the operating area.
- Proficient in the use of PC's. Knowledge of SAP is preferred
- Ability to use specialized skills, knowledge and techniques in problem recognition and solution development
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.