Job description / Role
Document Controller/Project Secretary - Muscat
Objectives: Coordinate all activities related to Projects and Document Control procedure, including technical documents, drawings, and commercial correspondence.
• Input document data into the standard registers ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date.
• Generate the various document control reports as required.
• Typing of site documents, and follow up of all the site needs
• Makes sure that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable
• Maintain updated records of all approved documents and drawings and their distribution clearly
• Maintain the documents and drawings in the Document Control office under safe custody without any damage or deterioration with easy traceability.
• Maintain the files and control logs as required by the project.
• Maintain the Management information systems
• Coordinate and follow up all project meeting
• Perform document control & Quality management activities.
• Maintain procedures for maintaining documents and change control of documents
• Reporting on the performance of the document control system for review and as a basis for improvement of the documents control system.
• Complies and maintain control records to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
• Posts changes to computerized or manual control records, and maintains related files.
• Prepare reports, project update& Memorandum
• Prepare reproduction of documents if needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain the cost sheet
• Maintain and document project files
• Keep record and Registration for all correspondence
• Describing and creating the Acknowledge letters for the clients through Document Control.
• Tracking the pending documents through weekly progress reports.
• Prepare presentations, weekly and monthly report.
• Assisting the project manager in drafting and issuing project proposals, RFPs, tenders, budgets, cash flows & preliminary budgets.
• Attend site meetings and take down points and distribute minutes to all project team members.
• Maintain trading logs.
• Assist project manager in reviewing quotations and trading change orders and can template them in data base.
• Coordinating between the project team and any other departments.
• Document control and secretarial work when needed.
• Prepare all payments documents “Invoices, Variations, Payments Certificates…”
• Follow up and track all payments with all concerned parties.
• Prepare all follow ups logs “Payments, submittals, MARs,…” with all project stakeholders “Contractors, consultants, Landlords,…”
• Follow up via emails / telephone calls to concerning parties for all projects.
• Prepare all related documents as per Novo policy and procedures.
• To be familiar and daily use for the company online system and shared folders.
• Draft all received incoming letters for Projects Manager / Director for review and reference.
• Drafted correspondences (reply to all incoming letters / new outgoing letters) to be signed by delegated authority.
• Register all incoming and outgoing letters.
• Update summary logs for incoming and outgoing letters for each Projects handled by Muscat Projects team.
• Coordinate, arrange & draft all site construction documents “MARs, Submittals, Drawings,…”
• Preparing all PR's / SSJF's / ARF's / Memo's / MOM's, etc. and any relevant documents as the project requirements.
• Coordinate and arrange all projects meetings with all projects stakeholders.
• Accept incoming calls and direct to person concern via his extension line.
• Make outgoing calls for follow ups
OMR 620 to 650 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any other field.
• 2-4 years of Experience as Document Controller in Construction Company.
• Proficient in MS Office
• Excellent English communication skills, Arabic is an advantage
About the Company
Novo Cinemas is home to the most innovative entertainment experiences in the GCC, offering each visitor A Great Time Out since 2014. We are one of the largest cinema chains in the Middle East because we push boundaries, pioneer change, and consistently strive for the "new". We began our legacy by introducing the region to such evolutionary technologies as the largest IMAX with Laser in the MENA region, online booking, e-kiosks and the first cinema-dedicated mobile app.
Novo Cinemas takes pride in showcasing the latest viewing technology, being acknowledged as the regional leader in cinema innovation when bestowed with the Most Innovative Cinema award at ComiCon ME 2017. This award is a testament to our dedication to providing customers with the most state-of-the-art movie-going experiences possible.
Our theaters are cinematic experience hubs creating lasting memories for every customer. Novo brings movies to life, letting guests choose from 2D, 3D, 4D, IMAX with Laser, ATMOS and luxury 7-Star VIP suites for their comfort. Supporting the in-theatre entertainment are bespoke gourmet menus, the latest trends in cinema snacks including frozen popcorn, fresh crepes and healthy treats. We are committed to providing every community with a personalized and outstanding entertainment experience placing cinema-goers at the forefront. Known as a destination for regional premieres, we are proud to host the most anticipated preview screenings. In addition to blockbuster releases, Novo offers corporate and private group bookings as well as alternative content such as live boxing, cricket and football matches and the performing arts. Films can be as informative as they are entertaining and Novo’s commitment to education is reflected in our wide range of stunning IMAX documentary films available for private school bookings.
There are currently 158 screens across the GCC, ongoing expansion will see our numbers grow to over to 220 screens in more than 20 cinemas in four markets by 2019. Novo Cinemas. A Great Time Out! www.novocinemas.com