Job description / Role
• This is a one year contract.
• Leading, EHS wise, a team responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance activities at wind farm facility. This EHS coordinator position will function in a team which includes other members of plant level staff, Technicians to ensure EHS compliance and strengthen our Wind Turbine Service and Maintenance team in Oman.
• GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
• Additional Locations: Oman; Thumrait
• Ensure compliance of wind power plant operations with regulatory requirements relating to air, solid & hazardous waste, chemical, water, oil, greases, working at height, confined space and environmental health and safety.
• Provide proactive leadership on all EHS and medical issues.
• Create and run training sessions, refreshers for site personnel
• Create and grow safety culture at assigned project
• Implement / modify EHS programs and procedures to ensure company compliance and customer expectations
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of applicable Omani regulatory requirements
• Modify and implement compliance tracking programs and record keeping systems
• Provide and determine alternatives for issue resolution
• Develop and work with site teams focused on EHS program development, implementation and improvement
• Drive accountability with all functions and associates to aggressively reduce accident and injuries.
• Able to carry out risk, safety and hazard analysis.
• Apply ergonomic principles to improve workstations and minimize injuries.
• Develop and maintain excellent local and state agency relationships
• Ability to work independently on the implementation of fault analyses and repair of wind turbine generator systems, including clarification of any client queries.
• Planned and preventive maintenance of wind turbine generator systems.
• Documenting of call-out responses, fault finding and repair work in service reports, logbooks and checklists
• Management and documentation of corporate processes and IT-applications
• Briefing/induction of external service provider and suppliers on site
• Work for the continuous improvement of products and processes
• Assistance of the technical leader of the area
• Support in the development of training concepts
• Diploma/ Engineering degree in electrical or mechanical or civil or HSE
• Basic knowledge in local (Omani) EHS legislation
• Medical fitness and willingness for work at height
• Good-Basic English spoken and written.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a diverse team
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside GE (regulatory agencies)
• Basic knowledge of EHS and government regulations.
• Advanced computer skills and familiar with MS-Office (Word, Excel, PPT etc.
• Valid Omani Driving license
• Degree in HSE from an accredited university or equivalent e.g. Nebosh; Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, Root Cause Analysis, Machine Safety, Law and Regulations, Chemical Safety, Manual Handling, Risk analysis, Fire Safety, Noise and Vibrations) or equivalent knowledge or experience or professional training in electrical, mechanical, mechatronics engineering (Engineer or Diploma certificate).. Professional EHS certifications.
• Fluency in English
• Experience managing projects and/or EHS compliance
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Electrical/ mechanical service or maintenance experience and willingness to work in troubleshooting of wind turbines will be an additional advantage.
• Have a high energy level and the ability to energize others
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.