Job description / Role
Required to join an international engineering design consultancy working on the construction of a hospital in Oman. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following
• Reviews, evaluates and approve design submissions, drawings, calculations, material submissions, method statements and documents for accuracy and contractual compliance with the applied standards and specifications.
• Verifies that Employer Requirements, applicable codes and engineering standard practices are being met and complied with by the D&B contractor.
• Specifying, designing and analysing new and existing electrical systems utilising engineering standards and specialist tools and software, including computer-aided design systems.
• Create engineering drawings and technical specifications for Client electrical/control designs/works/methods/processes as requested.
• Resolves issues or problems concerning conflicting design requirements, specifications and/or difficult interface/coordination requirements.
• Professional presentation and reporting to higher management.
Applicants should meet the following criteria
• 15 years + of experience in electrical engineering design works, electric sub-stations and HV/MV/LV systems. Experience in the design of electrical building systems including lighting, MV/LV power distribution, standby generators, UPSs.
• 10 or more years of working experience on design development of Hospitals/Healthcare facilities Multi- millions OMR projects.
• Sound experience and thorough knowledge of electrical design and code requirements supported with sound design experience with the latest UK health related standards (such as HBN and HTM).
• Experience in the design of technology systems including IT, security, CCTV, Access Control.
• Sound experience in design and construction of health facilities electrical works including wiring, lighting, panels, electrical installations and accessories. Fire-Alarm systems, communication systems, control systems, and other electrical systems. (minimum 10 years’ experience in an engineering consultancy company)
• Fully conversant with relevant international standards. Highly experienced in working with the latest international technical standards for electrical works, current industry Standards, Codes of Practice and best practice.
• Conversant with and experienced working within BIM modelling environment
• Experience in conceptual, front end (preliminary) and detailed design required.
About the Company
CG Resourcing are a boutique recruitment company specialising in supplying mainly white collar professionals to the construction and engineering industry throughout the world. Our main center of operations are the Middle East and Africa regions although we also have experience of recruiting for Australasia, Russia, Western and Eastern Europe and throughout Asia. All CG Resourcing staff have over 15 years of experience of recruiting for the construction and engineering markets both in the UK and throughout the World so are true experts in their field!
We aim to work with our clients on a one to one basis so we can develop a unique understanding of their exact requirements, offering them a truly bespoke recruitment service that address's all of their requirements. Our service can be tailor made to cater for mass recruitment, campaigns, one off executive placements or multiple placements on large construction projects.
We are able to source candidates of any level and from any part of the world and are now the trusted recruitment partners of many industry leading construction organisations!
- Construction - build and civils
- Rail and metro.
- Bridges and building structures
- Highways and infrastructure
- Project Management.
- Health and Safety
- Planning and Project Controls
- Quantity Surveying, Contract Administration.
- Environmental and Geotechnical
- Facilities Management
- Human resources, finance and support services, Administration