Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job
To maintain the technical integrity and sustained operations of all electrical equipments and systems. This includes conducting planned and corrective maintenance activities and these are operated in a safe and efficient manner.
• Execute preventive and corrective maintenance activities in accordance with maintenance schedule / plan.
• Troubleshoot abnormalities arising in the plant and oilfield equipment.
• Execute all assigned work tasks in line with agreed plant operating philosophies, and in line with current Maintenance Craft Procedures and work practices.
• Provide input into the 90-day and 14-day planning cycles.
• Interface with other maintenance/service department staff to coordinate breakdown or routine maintenance work on facilities and plants.
• Certified Permit to Work applicant and comply with the HSE rules and PTW systems before starting a job, ensure proper use of tools and PPE, conduct regular site visits, advice co-workers on potential hazards, check safety equipment, notify management of unsafe working conditions, report HSE incidents, actively participate in HSE meetings and tool box talks.
• Certified process isolation, venting and depressurizing of process equipment, and carrying out such activities as per PR-1076.
• Give guidance to Assistant or Trainee technicians in the team and aid with their development.
• Order spare parts and consumables to maintain an adequate supply for use in the area and keep record of same.
• Maintain a high level of safety awareness and standards in all daily duties and tasks and guide the subordinate staff on safe working practices.
• Proactively manage all HSE aspects of maintenance activity execution and compliance with directorate HSE plan
• Ensure HSE and PTW systems are followed before starting a job, ensure proper use of tools and PPE, conduct regular site visits, advice co-workers on potential hazards, check safety equipment, notify management of unsafe working conditions, report HSE incidents, actively participate in HSE meetings.
• Ensure that Critical Tasks related to Asset Integrity-Process Safety Management (AI-PSM), as defined in the Procedural Manual, are undertaken and executed.
• HND/HNC /ONC/OND or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline and a range of between 3 to 6 years field experience.
• A good knowledge of relevant E&P operations, procedures and practices, especially in Sour Oil/ Sour Gas/ CLAUS SRU and.
• Knowledge of computer skills, valid driving license, good communication and organizational skills.
• Fully conversant with Electrical safety rules
• Ability to be a self starter with minimum supervision and team player.
• Proven safety experience/training regarding sour oil and gas operations, familiar with PTW, confined space, lock open/lock close valves, operating integrity, H2S, personal protective equipment, etc.
• Physically able to climb stairs, operate valves, pumps, and compressor and perform maintenance work under air supplied breathing equipment.
• Working in temperature extremes or adverse weather conditions.
• Working in a high H2S / Temperature environment
• Working on electrical circuits , with electrical tools and equipment
• Working with rotating equipment and high inertia equipment
• Implement innovative and cost effective production techniques on a diverse facility range.
• Ability to work in a challenging and stressful environment throughout the commissioning and start-up of the project.
• Working in Day/Night shift.
• Working in complex sour facility including novel and complex units such as steam (with power generation), CLAUS Sulphur Plant and Cansolv tail gas clean up.
Key Job Competence profile references
• Routine operation and maintenance of electrical drives and motors - Skill
• Routine operation and maintenance of power generation and controls - Skill
• Routine operation and maintenance of auxilliary power supplies and utlities - Skill
• Maintain and evaluate performance of electrical driver, generators, auxiliaries etc - Skill
• Inspect and test electrical distribution and protection system, wirings - Skill
• Trouble shoot and repair electrical driver, generators, auxiliaries etc - Skill
About the Company
Vision Advanced Petroleum Solutions (VAPS) is a professional petroleum engineering consultancy and services that has been established in 2008 with employees of over 30 years of experience in the sector of Oil&Gas upstream business.
Our extensive experience in the oil and gas industry has enabled us to gain remarkable position where we are able to deliver practical and cost effective solutions.
Our vision is to become the lead solutions provider for the oil and gas sector in the globe.